Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Scythe uses a six-barreled, pneumatically-driven, air-cooled rotary cannon which fires 20x102mm HEIAP rounds at a rate of up to 6,000 per minute. It is normally fed by a 100,000-round drum, though in some cases only a 1,000-round drum is attached, while secondary weapons include a M41(SSR MAV/AW).
Multiple such turrets were placed around ONI Sword Base on Reach. One such turret was located at Airview Base. On July 26, 2552, Kat-B320 and SPARTAN-B312 were ordered to Airview Base to reactivate the turret. These turrets were also seen defending the Sabre Program Launch/Research Range from Seraphs and Spirits, capable of taking them out effectively.
- When hit by any Physical object (like Phantom debris), the rotating turret will be knocked off from the rest of the weapon and rarely continues to fire at enemy aircraft. When detached, it rolls around and can be pushed with any vehicle, even the Forklift.
- The gun bears a striking resemblance to the CIWS "Phallanx" system mounted on US Navy Warships. except that CIWS is intended for close in anti missile defense.
- The gun can sometimes be heard firing when it is not.
- You can control the gun on top of the Sabre launch facility by simply pressing X on its activation panel during Long Night of Solace. However, the prompt to operate it does not work.
- it may be nicknamed Scythe due to its ability to take down phantoms in a few hits.
- For unknown reasons, the Scythe's optics package is labeled "SPNKr M41 SSR".