The M6H Personal Defense Weapon System is a M6 Series-handgun manufactured by Misriah Armory. It is an up-sized Officer's model and has a smart-linked KFA-2 ×2 scope and an electroless nickel finish. It was adopted as the standard-issue personal sidearm of all branches of the UNSC by 2555. In Halo 4, when using this pistol, a Spartan is able to melee, throw grenades, and switch to it much faster than other weapons, unlike other Halo games.
M6H2 Personal Defense Weapon SystemEdit
A variation of the M6H, designated M6H2 PDWS, is engraved on the side of the magnum in the Halo 5: Guardians Multiplayer Beta. The M6H2 ditches the KFA-2 x2 smart-link module in favor of iron sights, and has an extended 12-round magazine.
Changes in the Halo 4 Weapon Tuning UpdateEdit
- Main article: Weapon Tuning Update
- The damage has been slightly increased, but still kills in six rounds.
Changes from Halo 4 to Halo 5: GuardiansEdit
- Ammo capacity increased to 12 rounds.
- Kills in five rounds.
- Slower rate of fire.
- Slightly faster reload time.
- Loses the smart-linked scope; now has a HUD-projected sight, similar to iron sights.
- It shares a laser aiming device on the underside of the gun with the M6G (B). However, you cannot use it in-game.
- In CTF, the pistol becomes stronger when the player holds the flag. Normally, it takes at least six shots to kill another Spartan with a headshot. With the Flag, the player only needs five shots to kill another Spartan with a headshot.
- Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn
- Halo: Initiation
- Halo 4 (First appearance)
- Halo: Spartan Assault
- Halo: Spartan Strike
- Halo: Escalation
- Halo 5: Guardians
- ↑ Fire rate acquired by timing with a stopwatch to the nearest millisecond. Mathematics used: Number of rounds fired (N) divided by the time required to fire those rounds (T) multiplied by 60 = rounds per minute. Example: N / T * 60 = RPM
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Halo 4: The Essential Visual Guide, page 64
- ↑ 12.7x41mm - The Closest real-world cartridge
- ↑ Bungie.net - Halo 3: ODST Field Guide: M6C/SOCOM
- ↑ Halo 4 Official Site - ORDINANCE + ARMOR
- ↑ [ http://halo.xbox.com/blogs/Headlines/post/2012/08/08/The-Halo-Bulletin-8812.aspx]
- ↑ This screenshot of a player zoomed in with the magnum in the Halo 5: Guardians multiplayer beta.