Personal Defense Weapon System
|Damage Per Hit||
|Rate of Fire||
240 rounds/min (cyclic) [Notes 1]
~1,800 ft/s (550 m/s) 
The M6H Personal Defense Weapon System is a M6 Series-handgun manufactured by Misriah Armory. It is an up-sized Officer's model and has a smart-linked KFA-2 x2 scope and an electroless nickel finish. It was adopted as the standard-issue personal sidearm of all branches of the UNSC by 2555. In Halo 4, when using this pistol, a Spartan is able to melee, throw grenades, and switch to it much faster than other weapons, unlike other Halo games.
It is seen in Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn as it was originally used as an officer's model.
- It bears an extremely similar appearance to the M6G (B) from Halo: Reach.
- It shares a laser device on the underside of the gun with the M6G (B). However, you cannot use the laser.
- In the capture the flag game mode returning in Halo 4 you can now have a pistol equipped in your right hand and carry the flag in your left hand.
- It is the only secondary weapon in Halo 4 to have a scope.
- In CTF, the pistol becomes stronger when the player holds the flag. Normally, it takes at least six shots to kill another Spartan with a headshot. With the Flag, the player only needs five shots to kill another Spartan with a headshot.
- On Halo Waypoint's page for the M6G PDWS, the M6H is mentioned as having a large scope. However, in game in Halo 4, the scope only has a 2x zoom.
- ↑ Fire rate acquired by timing with a stopwatch to the nearest millisecond. Mathematics used: Number of rounds fired (N) divided by the time required to fire those rounds (T) multiplied by 60 = rounds per minute. Example: N / T * 60 = RPM