The M12 Light Reconnaissance Vehicle (M12 LRV), commonly referred to as the Warthog, is a variant of the M12 Force Application Vehicle and the UNSC's most prolific anti-infantry vehicle. It is identical to the M12 FAV except that it features a mounted M41 Light Anti-Aircraft Gun or M46 Light Anti-Aircraft Gun.
Changes from Halo: Combat Evolved to Halo 2Edit
- Gains a horn which can be honked by pulling the right trigger.
- Becomes a destructible vehicle in multiplayer.
Changes from Halo 2 to Halo 3 and Halo: ReachEdit
- If the right trigger is continuously pulled, the horn of the Warthog will stop playing after about 2 seconds.
Changes from Halo: Reach to Halo 4Edit
- Gains a more industrial look.
- Horn can now be honked indefinitely.
Changes from Halo 4 to Halo 2: AnniversaryEdit
- New sound effects for the Warthog.
Changes from Halo 2: Anniversary to Halo 5: GuardiansEdit
- Multiple variants of the Warthog have been added for use in multiplayer.
CORP Warthog - An up-armored Warthog used by Liang Dortmund.
Tundra Warthog - An up-armored Warthog used in arctic environments.
Woodland Warthog - An up-armored Warthog with a woodland camouflage pattern.
Urban Warthog - An up-armored Warthog used by the UNSC Army and the UNSC Marine Corps.
ONI Warthog - A heavily-armored Warthog used by ONI with a machine gun loaded with high-explosive rounds.
Rally Warthog - A modified Warthog with higher top speeds and faster acceleration.
Sword Needler Warthog - A Warthog modified by the Swords of Sanghelios to have a regenerating energy shield and a slower-firing machine gun that fires Subanese crystals instead of its standard ammunition.