|There is more information available on this subject at Luna on the English Wikipedia.|
Humans began settling Luna in 2080. Due to its still barren face, one can assume it has not been terraformed, probably a result of Luna's low gravity and lack of atmosphere. Instead, the habitats on Luna are sealed from vacuum and interconnected by tubes.
- Main article: Interplanetary War
- Main article: Human-Covenant war
Corporations on PlanetEdit
- Procellarum basin
- State of Mare Insularum
- State of Mare Imbrium
- Lake Autolycus
These were the people who were born on Luna.
These were the people who were born on other planets, but lived on Luna for an extended period of time.
- Luna is the Latin word for Moon, and many Latin-based languages share the word.
- In many Earth-based maps in the Halo games, the Moon often appears to be larger than in real life.
- The Moon would be roughly 2,059.6 centimetres (67.57 ft) further from the Earth in 2552 than in 2010 due to tidal acceleration forces.
- In the Halo: Reach live-action short Spaceport, Luna is a destination listed at the Manassas Spaceport.
- In Halo 3 on Standoff you can see someone's face on the moon.
- While its surface is devoid of obvious signs of habitation as seen in the beginning of Halo 2, at the end of Halo 4 the lights of large cities and settlements can be seen.
- The settlements on Luna likely possess artificial gravity systems. This would be essential for humans to healthily develop on the moon.
- Halo: The Fall of Reach (First mentioned)
- Halo 2 (First appearance)
- Halo 3
- Halo: The Cole Protocol
- Halo 3: ODST (Mentioned only)
- Halo: Evolutions - Essential Tales of the Halo Universe
- Halo: Reach
- Halo 4
- ↑ Halo Encyclopedia - Page 44
- ↑ Halo Mythos: A Guide to the Story of Halo - Page 47
- ↑ Halo Mythos: A Guide to the Story of Halo - Page 51
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Halo: Evolutions - Essential Tales of the Halo Universe - The Impossible Life and the Possible Death of Preston J. Cole, Page 433
- ↑ Halo: Waypoint: Halo 4 Interactive Guide
- ↑ ELEVENTH HOUR, Provenance
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 Halo Waypoint: Mason Hundley
- ↑ Wikipedia: Oceanus Procellarum