|There is more information available on this subject at Luna on the English Wikipedia.|
Humans began settling Luna in 2080. Due to its still barren face, one can assume it has not been terraformed, probably a result of Luna's low gravity and lack of atmosphere. Instead, the habitats on Luna are sealed from vacuum and interconnected by tubes.
By at least 2492, there was a country on Luna known as the Luna Confederated States, the State of Mare Nubium being one of the said states. The Mare Nubium Academy, was located here. Luna also possesses a number of orbital defense stations called skyhooks.
- Procellarum basin
- State of Mare Insularum
- State of Mare Imbrium
These are the people who were born on Luna or spent a substantial amount of time on the moon.
- Luna is the Latin word for Moon, and many Latin-based languages share the word.
- In many Earth-based maps in the Halo games, the Moon often appears to be larger than in real life.
- The Moon would be roughly 2,059.6 centimetres (67.57 ft) further from the Earth in 2552 than in 2010 due to tidal acceleration forces.
- In the Halo: Reach live-action short Spaceport, Luna is a destination listed at the Manassas Spaceport.
- In Halo 3 on Standoff you can see someone's face on the moon.
- While its surface is devoid of obvious signs of habitation as seen in the beginning of Halo 2, at the end of Halo 4 the lights of large cities and settlements can be seen.
- The settlements on Luna likely possess artificial gravity systems. This would be essential for humans to healthily develop on the moon.
- Halo: The Fall of Reach (First mentioned)
- Halo 2 (First appearance)
- Halo 3
- Halo: The Cole Protocol
- Halo 3: ODST (Mentioned only)
- Halo: Evolutions - Essential Tales of the Halo Universe
- Halo: Reach
- Halo 4
- ↑ Halo Encyclopedia, page 44
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Halo: Evolutions - Essential Tales of the Halo Universe - The Impossible Life and the Possible Death of Preston J. Cole, page 433
- ↑ Halo: Waypoint: Halo 4 Interactive Guide
- ↑ ELEVENTH HOUR, Provenance
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Halo Waypoint: Mason Hundley
- ↑ Wikipedia: Oceanus Procellarum