Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|This article may not meet Halo Nation's standards. You can help by cleaning this article.|
- “Some of you may be wondering - 'What's up with this unhealthy obsession with the number 7?' This page offers some insights.”
- “Cause that's the best number. It's like rock. Nothing beats rock or 7.”
Bungie Studios has long enjoyed using the number Seven (7) in its games in many prominent ways. Ensemble Studios, 343 Industries, and authors also have certain obvious seven references in their works about Halo. The following attempts to list the intentional references Bungie placed into Halo for the fans to find. As such, not all of these references may be fully accurate, and many of them may be proven to be false at any time. Bungie's obsession with the number seven may be attributed to (or be a determining factor) why John-117 is considered lucky, as 7 is considered a lucky number. In spite of the fact that the number seven is featured extensively in Bungie's work, it has generated an aura of apophenia. This cultural nuance can be compared to the 23 enigma.
- A fireteam can consist of up to seven troops.
- There are seven operating Halo Rings.
- John's Service tag (S-117) is another seven reference (S; seven begins with S and 1*1*7 = 7).
- The Halo Array needs to spin at 7 km/s to maintain an acceleration of one g at 5000 km radius.
- "John 117" consists of 4 letters and 3 numbers (4+3=7).
- "Cortana"'s name consists of 7 letters.
- The word Arbiter is seven letters long.
- Slip space is located in the seventh dimension.
- Most of the Monitors encountered thus far (with exception of 859 Static Carillon and 031 Exuberant Witness) have a numerical designation which is a power of seven, i.e.;
- 72 = 49 (049 Abject Testament)
- 73 = 343 (343 Guilty Spark)
- 74 = 2401 (2401 Penitent Tangent)
Halo: The Fall of ReachEdit
- Main article: Halo: The Fall of Reach
Halo: Combat Evolved (and Halo: The Flood)Edit
Page 68 of "The Flood" Novel by W.Dietz - He counted to three, then dashed from boulder to boulder. He leapfrogged uphill, still very much aware of the banshee at his back, but reasonably certain he'd given the aircraft the slip. There were no blips on his threat detector, until he topped the rise and paused to examine the terrain ahead. A telltale red dot popped onto his HUD. John-117 eased his way forward, waiting for the moment of contact. Then he saw movement as hunched bodies dashed from one scrap of cover to the next. There were four of them, including a blue-armored Sangheili. (3 seconds, 4 Contacts - 3+4=7)
Junction point 4-C, if converted to all numbers, makes 7. The C is the 3rd letter in the alphabet.
Halo: First StrikeEdit
- Main article: Halo: First Strike
Halo: Ghosts of OnyxEdit
- Main article: Halo: Ghosts of Onyx
- Main article: Halo 2
- Main article: Halo 3
- Firing the Plasma Rifle without stopping after first pulling the trigger until it overheats will only deplete 7% of its energy.
Cortana Letters and TransmissionsEdit
- Cortana signs one letter with seven 'X's and 'O's.
- Cortana sends eight emails. But Letter Three was likely never intended, so seven messages were planned.
I Love BeesEdit
- Main article: I Love Bees
Halo: Contact HarvestEdit
- Main article: Halo: Contact Harvest
- There were seven space elevators of the Tiara.
- Seven main maglev train lines led out from each base of the space elevators.
- Prophet Senior Ministry staffers could manage to travel in their gravity thrones in groups as small as seven.
- The first space elevator to collapse was the seventh elevator.
- Later Loki changed the five minute interval for the containers to seven minutes.
- Sif's electronics were stored in seven towers in the Tiara's control room.
- On the cover of the book, there are seven Militia men, including Staff Sergeant Johnson.
Halo: The Cole ProtocolEdit
- Main article: Halo: The Cole Protocol
- Seven ODST's were killed during the attack on the Redoubt.
- There are seven named Sangheili that appear as characters throughout the story.
- The UNSC Midsummer Night's Hull classification symbol contains a seven reference: FFG-209; 9-2=7.
- Main article: Halo Wars
- There are seven major UNSC characters.
- In Halo Wars, both the UNSC Fortress and Covenant citadel possess 7 expansion sockets.
- There are 7 Sangheili deactivating camouflage in the first Halo Wars Trailer
- There are 7 types of buildings for each UNSC and Covenant.
- There are 7 power nodes that you can destroy to make the super scarab's searchlight move slower.
- In the Halo Wars: Genesis, Sergeant John Forge needs to take 7 anti-rad injections.
- There is a maximum of 7 objects available for purchase in a building's circle menu.
- Jerome-092's service tag contains a seven reference: 092: 9-2 = 7.
- The Pelican Bravo 029 contains a seven reference: 9-2=7.
- The Covenant penitentiary Weeping Shadows of Sorrow (from Halo Wars: Genesis) has seven syllables.
Halo 3: ODSTEdit
- Main article: Halo 3: ODST
Halo: Evolutions - Essential Tales of the Halo UniverseEdit
- Main article: Halo: Evolutions - Essential Tales of the Halo Universe
Midnight in the Heart of MidlothianEdit
- Main article: Midnight in the Heart of Midlothian
- Sergeant Michael Baird found fourteen terabytes of information on cancer using Shipnet. 14/2=7
- Mo Ye's initial plan was to have Baird drive the ship into a red giant fourteen million miles starboard. 14/2=7
- When Baird first exited the medbay he ran into seven Covenant soldiers (4 Unggoy, 2 Kig-Yar, and 1 Sangheili).
- Main article: Palace Hotel
The Impossible Life and the Possible Death of Preston J. ColeEdit
- Preston Cole was one of seven children (four boys and three girls).
- Ensign Alexis Indara begins management training (Series 7) following the CMA Season of Plenty's bi-annual personnel review.
- The UNSC destroyers which participated in the Callisto Incident in 2494 carried only 7 Ares Missiles.
- During the Skirmish at Theta Ursae Majoris the UNSC Gorgon had seven Pelicans on standby.
- "The scattered debris of seven destroyers, however, continued on their previous trajectories."
- Main article: Halo: Reach
- Main article: Halo Legends
- There are 7 different anime shorts in Halo Legends.
- Main article: The Duel
- There is a 7 in the sky just before the Desert Battle.
Odd One OutEdit
- Main article: Odd One Out
- 7 residents of planet Cronkee are spoken of in the episode, including 'Mama' and the dinosaur.
- 7 is referenced in SPARTAN-1337's Spartan tag: 1+3+3=7.
- Main article: The Package
- The battle between John-117 and Thel 'Lodamee lasts 7 seconds.
- When Frederic-104, Kelly-087 and John-117 enter the Covenant Flagship Kelly says, "We got three minutes" indicating that the space battle lasted 7 minutes.
- Main article: Homecoming
- Ralph-103 mentions to Daisy-023 that it has been 7 years since they were abducted to participate in the SPARTAN-II Program.
- Main article: Halo: Glasslands
- A Forerunner building Blue Team enters has 7 floors.
- After the Piety was boarded by the crew of the UNSC Port Stanley, there were 7 dead aliens on board.
- The crew of the UNSC Port Stanley consists of 7 members.
- Tom Muir was stranded alone on New Llanelli for 7 years.
- Main article: Halo 4
- ↑ http://www.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?cid=14650
- ↑ Marathon.Bungie.Org: The Number Seven
- ↑ Halo: The Fall of Reach, page 96
- ↑ Halo: The Fall of Reach, page 139
- ↑ Halo: The Fall of Reach, page 140
- ↑ Halo: The Fall of Reach, page 144
- ↑ Halo: The Fall of Reach, page 149
- ↑ Halo: The Fall of Reach, pages 192-193
- ↑ Halo: The Fall of Reach, page 199
- ↑ Halo: The Fall of Reach, page 43
- ↑ Halo: The Fall of Reach, Epilogue
- ↑ Halo: The Fall of Reach, page 257
- ↑ 
- ↑ Halo: The Flood, Page 53
- ↑ Halo: The Flood, Page 237
- ↑ Halo: The Flood, Page 31
- ↑ 17.0 17.1 Halo: First Strike, Page 36
- ↑ Halo: First Strike, Page 122
- ↑ Halo: First Strike, Page 127
- ↑ Halo: First Strike, Page 154
- ↑ Halo: First Strike, Page 165
- ↑ Halo: First Strike, Page 208
- ↑ Halo: First Strike, Page 268
- ↑ Halo: First Strike, Page 314
- ↑ Halo: First Strike, Page 114
- ↑ Halo: First Strike, Page 94
- ↑ Halo: First Strike, Page 53
- ↑ Halo: First Strike, Page 298
- ↑ Halo: First Strike, page ??
- ↑ Halo: First Strike, Page 262
- ↑ Halo: First Strike, Page 246
- ↑ Halo: Ghosts of Onyx, Page 16
- ↑ Halo: Ghosts of Onyx, Page 22
- ↑ Halo: Ghosts of Onyx, Page 32
- ↑ Halo: Ghosts of Onyx, page 84
- ↑ Halo: Ghosts of Onyx, page 85
- ↑ Halo: Ghosts of Onyx, page 86
- ↑ Halo: Ghosts of Onyx, page 87
- ↑ Halo: Ghosts of Onyx, page 161
- ↑ Halo: Ghosts of Onyx, Page 189
- ↑ Halo: Ghosts of Onyx, page 218
- ↑ Halo: Ghosts of Onyx, page 232
- ↑ Halo: Ghosts of Onyx, page 236
- ↑ Halo: Ghosts of Onyx, page 270
- ↑ Halo: Ghosts of Onyx, page 271
- ↑ 46.0 46.1 Halo: Ghosts of Onyx, page 311
- ↑ Halo: Ghosts of Onyx, page 291
- ↑ Halo: Ghosts of Onyx, page 297
- ↑ Halo: Ghosts of Onyx, page 305
- ↑ Halo: Ghosts of Onyx, page 321
- ↑ Halo: Ghosts of Onyx, page 378.
- ↑ Perdita's Story
- ↑ Halo: Contact Harvest, page 76
- ↑ Halo: Contact Harvest, page 149.
- ↑ Halo: Evolutions, page 355
- ↑ Halo: Evolutions, page 439
- ↑ Halo: Evolutions, page 464
- The Septionary is a fan-created list every seven letter word in the English language.
- The relevant Bungie.Net forum topic is here.
- List of "Three" References in Halo - Parody of this list at Gruntipedia.