This following is a list of references to the Halo series made by notable sources outside of the series itself.
- In one episode, Liz comes home while her boyfriend, Dennis, is playing Halo 3.
- In another episode, Tracy tells his entourage that he "loves Halo so much, I want to take it behind the middle school and get it pregnant."
- In the finale of season 5, Frank, Toofer, Lutz, and another writer are all playing Halo: Reach, and it is noted throughout the episode. The episode is appropriately named "Respawn."
- In one of the episodes, the main character Ryan says that he was addicted to a FPS game. Owen asks, "it's not Halo, is it?" Ryan answers, "yes, it's Halo!" Later in the episode, he, Owen and Lauren are seen playing heated matches of Halo: Reach.
It's Always Sunny In PhiladelphiaEdit
- In the episode "Dennis and Dee Go On Welfare," Mac and Charlie can be seen in the beginning of the episode playing Halo 2.
- Episode six starts with Andy playing Halo 3.
- Additionally, he shouts, "die, Tartarus!"
- Chuck plays Halo 3.
- A Halo 3 Legendary Edition can be seen in Chuck's bedroom in the episode Chuck Versus The Ring.
- In the episode "Valley of the Silicon Dolls," plasma grenades are shown on a wall of Mr. Larrity's office, along with other weapons.
CSI: Crime Scene InvestigationEdit
- In the 17th episode of the ninth season, while a group of investigators walk past an ambulance to a shoot-out scene, one person remarks it's "like Halo 3."
- During the episode From Childhood's Hour of Season Seven, there is a drawing of John-117 in someone's bedroom.
- While camping out in Miguel's office, Dexter entertains himself by playing Halo 3. This is a joke where he narrates about setting up to kill people, something we imagine he's preparing for Miguel, but it turns out to be a game. Oddly, the game is played on the computer.
- In Season 5 Episode 5, Debra Morgan and Cira Manzon are approaching the house of a suspect. As they pull up to the curb, six or so Halo 3: ODST posters can be seen behind them on the wall of a building.
- During Season 6 Episode 11, Louis Greene is seen carrying the stolen prosthetic hand from the Ice Truck Killer through his apartment. During this scene he walks right past a life size model of the Master Chief.
- In an episode, Finn has a flashback of him playing Halo 3, and states that he could barely finish level one.
- In the episode Playtime's Over (season 6 episode 5), the character of the game which Michelangelo wants, "Helix 2," bears a resemblance to John-117. The character has green armor, a green helmet with a gold visor, and is wielding a machine gun. The game itself is a FPS.
- In the Christmas special of 2009, when Achmed the Dead Terrorist is on, he says that Achmed could beat the guitar guy in Guitar Hero. The guitarist plays a small but difficult piece, and Achmed says, "uhh, did I say Guitar Hero? Uhh, I meant Halo."
- In several episodes of Knight Rider, it shows the main characters playing the first mission in the campaign on Halo 3.
- In the episode "Connection Lost," Phil is seen playing Halo 2 Anniversary.
- In the episode "Captain American't / My Supernatural Sweet 16," Master Chief is seen escorting Mila Kunis to the military ball.
Nick Swardson's Pretend TimeEdit
- In the episode "I Just Got Voodoo'd," there is a segment about video games and it ends with a female character going through a Halo Combat Evolved-resembling level with an Assault rifle, killing a white Spartan, and calling them Master Chief.
- The main character, Phil, sometimes plays Halo 3. At one point, the character Chita plays it and remarks that "the Man Cannon rocks!"
- In the episode "Not Even Close...Encounters," a poster for Halo 3: ODST is shown.
- Characters are shown playing the Halo: Reach Multiplayer Beta.
- One episode features a short skit of three Spartans (all wearing Mark V and wielding Assault rifles) going into a Donkey Kong game where they kill Mario and Donkey Kong and rescue Pauline.
- Another episode features a short skit of Master Chief revealing his face.
- Another episode features a short skit of Master Chief and Cortana in an uncomfortable conversation.
- Main article: Revenge
- During the episode Revenge, Toby and Happy can be seen playing a Big Team Slayer match on Exile.
- In the second episode of season seven, Turk and Carla are attempting to complete a video game at the hospital. Carla refers to Warthogs and Jackals while playing, but the screen shows the game Enemy Territory: Quake Wars.
- The episode "Resurgence" has the character Eli Wallace say, "all the Halo I played could not prepare me for this."
- In the episode "Swap Meat," Gary in Sam's body wields a shotgun and says, "booyah! Master Chief is in the house bizatches!"
Terminator: The Sarah Connor ChroniclesEdit
- During the 8th episode of the first season, some kids can be seen playing Halo 3.
- In the beginning of the ninth episode, a guy can be seen playing Halo 3.
The Big Bang TheoryEdit
- The nerds have a weekly Halo 3 match. Leonard, trying to romance Penny, suggests that they play at a Halo competition together. She declines, saying that "unlike him, she has a life."
- Later in the episode, one of the characters, Sheldon Cooper states that "Halo 3 is better than sex."
- The Halo 3 Legendary Edition replica of the MJOLNIR Mark VI helmet can be seen in the background in Sheldon and Leonard's living room.
The Colbert ReportEdit
- During the show's introduction on September 15, 2010, Colbert said, "The new Halo game was released today! So I assume you're not watching this."
- During one of Colbert's many segments on the death of Osama Bin Laden, "Seal Team Six" is made up of "Rambo, John M., John-117, the Batman, Vin Deisel, Lara Croft, and the Kung Fu Panda."
The Grim Adventures of Billy & MandyEdit
- On the Billy and Mandy Christmas Special, there is a video game boxes entitled, "Hello #2" as a spoofed version of Halo 2. The boxes also had crude doodles of John-117 on them with a grin on his face as he waves.
- In the Billy and Mandy special, "UnderFist," Hoss Delgado is seen with an Energy Sword attached to a robotic arm during the credits.
The Sarah Silverman ProgramEdit
- In one episode, Brian Posehn's character is said to be playing Halo 2 on Xbox Live while the television displays the Campaign.
- In an episode where the characters have a video game party, Brian's character states that he brought over Halo 3.
- In the episode "Waverly Hills 9-0-2-D'oh," Homer Simpson is seen playing a game parodying Halo's Multiplayer. He then proceeds to teabag a player he had killed.
- In the Halloween special "Treehouse of Horror XX," John-117 is seen as a Halloween costume worn by Jimbo Jones in the opening of the episode.
- In the episode "The Food Wife," when Homer, Bart, and Lisa arrive at the "E4" convention, a statue of Master Chief can be seen.
- In the fourth season episode "Soft Eyes," Namond Bryce is seen playing Halo 2 after turning off the television news coverage or the Baltimore Mayoral election.
In Series 10, Episode 6 of Top Gear, Richard Hammond gives a review of the new Range Rover Sport, and twice between 3:00 and 10:44 the Halo Reach main menu music is played. Also, in Series 20, Episode 5, as Richard Hammond test drives the Lamborghini Sesto Elemento at Imola, the track "Uphill, Both Ways" from the Halo: Reach OST can be heard.
Two and a Half MenEdit
- In the second episode of the first season, "Big Flapping Bastards," Charlie buys Jake an Xbox and behind them is a Halo: Combat Evolved cardboard cut-out with Master Chief holding an Assault rifle.
- The eighteenth episode of the second season, "I Am God," there is a flashback in which Logan scornfully suggests that Lucky and Dick plan to spend their time smoking pot and playing Halo.
- One of the main characters, Captain Hero, in a scene is seen wielding in one hand an Assault rifle resembling a M16 and in the other a Needler.
- In the episode "Viva Mars Vegas," the robot mafia are seen using M6G magnums.
King of The HillEdit
- In the episode "Grand Theft Arlen," the student game testers are playing a game that has a similar health bar to Halo: Combat Evolved.
- In the episode "In Country ...Club," when Steve goes to the hospital, his room is 117 and another person in his room is a war veteran named John.
- In the episode "I Ain't No Holodeck Boy," Steve enters the CIA holodeck after he and his friends accidentally put Stan in danger. He asks one of his friends to give him armor and weapons. The armor resembles the MJOLNIR Mk. VI and the icon in the holodeck control room for his rifle is nearly identical to the HUD icon for the MA5B.
Agents of S.H.I.E.L.DEdit
- In the episode "The Writing on the Wall," Agents Mac and Fitz are shown playing Halo 2 Anniversary multiplayer.
Studio C Edit
- In the skit, The Force Awakens with Darth Sidious' Roommates, Darth Sidious asks one of his roommates to strike his spartan down in an attempt to sway them to the "dark side of the force," revealing that the two roommates were playing one of the Halo games online.
Banjo Kazooie: Nuts and BoltsEdit
- When you head to Klungo's Arcade for the first time, Klungo says that his video game makes him a big star, "bigger star than Massster Chef..."
- The game uses "halos" as currency. One of Rodin's lines when you enter his shop is, "you bring me enough of these halos and maybe I can buy a ticket to space. Always wanted to be a bald space marine."
- One of the control schemes is called "Angelic" and mimics Halo's controls.
- A weapon called the RVG50 Minigun has the same crosshair as the Halo: Combat Evolved Assault rifle and Halo 2, 3, and ODST SMG.
- The game's two Sniper Rifles, the L-Shot 50 and L-Shot 75, have the same crosshair and scope screen as the Sniper Rifle as well.
- Certain copies of the game contained access to the Halo 3 Multiplayer Beta.
- There is in-game advertising for the Halo 3 map packs.
Dead or Alive 4Edit
- Nicole-458 is a playable character.
- Nassau Station is a playable arena.
- The final boss, Alpha, has the sound animation of a Wraith boosting when she attacks.
- In the arena Gambler's Paradise, a Warthog with three marines riding in it occasionally drives past.
- The character Bayman has a move called "Gravity Hammer" and another move called "Sidewinder."
- The Halo 3 Hayabusa armor is based on Ryu Hayabusa's armor.
- One of the towers on Mars resembles the Master Chief's helmet. This tower can be found during the "The Garden's Spire" mission.
Destroy All Humans! Path of the FuronEdit
- During a mission, Crypto's suggestion for a new game involves a "futuristic space marine surviving the dangers of a ring-shaped world."
- While fighting soldiers, there is a chance that Crypto will say, "maybe you boys should have brought John-117 along."
Duke Nukem ForeverEdit
- Early in the game, a soldier presents Duke Nukem with Mjolnir Armor for him to wear, which Duke rejects with the comment, "power armor is for pussies."
Eat Lead: The Return of Matt HazardEdit
- The main character is aided by QA, a blue female hologram.
- Later in the game, a character known as Master Chef appears.
Escape Velocity: NovaEdit
- There is a spaceport named M'jolnir and the landing description of the spaceport tells a story of a "cyborg soldier" who almost single-handedly turned the tide of a war in the distant past at a moment where the government controlling the station seemed to be on the brink of defeat.
- The Collector's Edition of the game came with a code to redeem a set of MJOLNIR Mark VI armor and an Energy Sword from the Xbox Live Marketplace. The armor is called Hal's Armor and the Energy Sword is called Hal's Sword. It also comes with a 5-star title "Master Chief" available for free from the town crier.
- Downloading the Knothole Island DLC gives the player an opportunity to unlock a weapon called Hal's Rifle, which heavily resembles the MA5C Assault rifle.
- On the map Bowerstone Cemetery under bighorns, there is a collections of blue flowers under a statue that resembles the Halo 3 logo.
Forza Horizon 3Edit
Forza Motorsport 4Edit
- The Halo 4 Warthog is featured in Forza Motorsport 4, although it is not driveable and presents only in Autovista Experience.
Forza Motorsport 5Edit
- The 1969 Ford Mustang Boss 302 featured with a livery based on Halo: Spartan Assault.
Grand Theft Auto IV/VEdit
- In the in-game television program, Republican Space Rangers, the three soldiers wear armor similar to Mjolnir Armor.
- A ringworld resembling a Halo installation is featured several times.
Guitar Hero IIIEdit
- The Halo Theme MJOLNIR Mix is included as a free downloadable extra.
- A Warthog and Ghost are featured as RC cars available for the cats to play with.
- The Arbiter is a playable character in Season 3 of Killer Instinct. This unnamed Arbiter can use a whole range of Sangheili armor, including Kaidon armor and the Sangheili Combat Harness. When the Kaidon armor is worn, the character uses Prophets' Bane instead of a normal Energy Sword.
- The 19th stage of Killer Instinct is the Arena of Judgment, a location on Sanghelios.
Mass Effect 2Edit
- In the debris field around the Collector base, a ship bearing a striking resemblance to a Halcyon-class light cruiser can be seen.
- A machine called the "Oculus" becomes very similar to 343 Guilty Spark when it goes rampant. Both are spheres with red glowing eyes/eye that shoot red lasers.
- The first character Shepard recruits is named Jacob, then the second is Miranda. This is an obvious nod to Jacob Keyes and Miranda Keyes.
- On July 16, 2012, Mojang released Skin Pack 1 a special player skin pack downloadable via the Xbox Marketplace, for Minecraft's Xbox 360 Edition. It included a Master Chief, a Grunt, and a Brute skin. Skin Pack 3 released a Red and Blue Spartan.
- On May 28, 2014, Microsoft Studios, Mojang and 343 Industries released a Halo Mash-up Pack that includes a “Halo”-themed texture set, themed menus and user interface, craftable items and 31 music tracks across the “Halo” franchise, 40 character skins, and pre-made worlds such as Silent Cartographer, Sandtrap, Valhalla, Blackout, Guardian, Blood Gulch and other maps as well.
- The Xbox Live Arcade remake of Perfect Dark allows you to pick a controller layout called Spartan, which mimics Halo 3's controller layout.
- In the E3 2014 Trailer, when the hero starts running, if one looks closely, there is a Halo Wars Poster on a building on the left.
Red Dead RedemptionEdit
- A tombstone beside Blackwater Chapel reads, "Wake me... If something interesting happens." This is possibly a reference to John-117's last line in Halo 3: "wake me...when you need me."
- During the Mission "Bear One Another's Burdens," an accountant counts bills as the intro cutscene unfolds. He reaches 117 before the scene cuts away, and when it returns to him, he begins at 343.
- Rocket League features a vehicle called the HogSticker, based upon the Needlehog.
Saints Row 2Edit
- An achievement called Splatster Chief can be unlocked by completing all of the Septic Avenger levels.
Star Wars: The Old Republic Edit
- In the Tallon village, the first hut on the right has an NPC for a quest scavenger hunt standing next to table looking at a poster of a figure with a similar appearance as John-117.
- Occasionally, near the end of the match (if you're on the winning team) the announcer might say 'Let's finish this fight!' This is a clear reference to Halo 3's tagline.
- There is also a control scheme in Titanfall named 'Fruit Loop' which is the same as the default control scheme.
- Two characters are seen playing Halo 2.
Aliens in the AtticEdit
- During the film, while the characters are floating, one says, "wow, this is just like Halo!"
There is a Halo: Reach poster.
Dane Cook ISolated INcidentEdit
- Dane makes a joke about a girl being raped by a Gravity Hammer wielded by a camper.
Dead and DeaderEdit
- While the main character begins to access a computer, one of his companions questions if he is playing Everquest. He replies with his reason for using the machine and afterward states, "besides, I'm more of a Halo guy."
- During the title sequence, a clip from the Halo 2 level Cairo Station can be seen briefly.
- Later in the movie, some of the testers can be seen playing a match of Halo 2 multiplayer.
- In the movie, the second Jumper in his desert lair can be heard playing Halo 3 on the mission The Ark.
Shark Night 3DEdit
- Two of the main characters are playing Halo: Reach. They have five McFarlane toys, the Halo 3 Collector's Edition cover, and a poster of Halo 3: ODST and Halo: Reach.
Spy Kids 3: Game OverEdit
- While attempting to reach the Toy Maker's headquarters, Junie complains that every video game features lava. In response, another character points out that there's no lava in Halo.
- During a pivotal fight during Ted 2, Mark Wahlberg's character John Bennett is crushed under a Halo 5: Guardians display while they are at Comic Con.
The Longest Yard (2005)Edit
- Halo 2 is played by the guards. One character remarks, "You guys have Halo 2! I didn't think it was out yet!"
- At one point in the movie, Mike's friend Ned is playing several video games at once, one of them being Halo 3.
The Prince & MeEdit
- In the movie, the Crown Prince of Denmark and his assistant get an apartment which they share with a roommate who owns an Xbox and Halo: Combat Evolved. While the Prince goes off to another state for a short vacation, the assistant starts playing Halo. The Prince comes back to find his companion sleep deprived and his eyes glued to the TV screen, playing Halo. When the owner of the Xbox tries to take the controller, the assistant viciously yells "GET AWAY" and scares him back, all the while staring at the screen and playing the game.
The 40 Year Old VirginEdit
- Andy is seen playing Halo 2 during a scene.
A Haunted HouseEdit
- In the beginning, there is a Mark VI helmet on top of a shelf.
- When they are down in the basement, there is a cardboard cutout of Emile from Halo: Reach.
The Fault in our Stars Edit
- Augustus and Isaac can be seen playing Halo 4 in Agustus' basement.
Mission: Impossible - Rogue NationEdit
- In Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation, Benji Dunn is seen playing a matchmade game on Regret, while he should be working. When a co-worker approaches, he switches the screen back to his work, puts his controller into a draw (which also contains a disk copy of the Halo 5: Guardians Multiplayer Beta, and another Xbox One game), and pretends to have been working the entire time.
Will It Blend?Edit
- In episode 62: Will It Blend? - Halo 3, Tom Dickson states he gets mad at the fact that his 4 and 5 year old grandchildren beat him at Halo 3, so he takes away the game from the standard edition case and blends the game disc.
Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along BlogEdit
- In Commentary!, Nathan Fillion references his role in Halo 3 as Reynolds in his song Better Than Niel: "I make seven-layer bean dip of the gods. / I'm also in Halo 3. / What are the odds?"
- In Season 2010 Episode 7, Anthony is playing Halo and Ian remarks "Wait. Your tank was upside down and then your Master Chief guy just came up and flipped it right back over?" Towards the end of the episode, Ian is walking to his mother's house until a dresser falls on him. Chief shows up to help, but can't lift it.
- In Season 2010 Episode 36, Ian is telling a "true" story of how he and Anthony ditched school to buy Halo 2 and be one the first ten kids to receive a custom made Master Chief helmet.
- In their series 16-Bit high, one character, Jimmy, is supposedly the Master Chief's son.
- In Season 2012 Episode 20 Ian creates a creature that teabags Anthony's sister whilst holding an Energy Sword. Ian remarks: "Oh come on! Only newbs do that!"
- In Season 2 episode 10, Riley describes herself as an "FPS girl," noting that she plays Halo.
- In Season 3 episode 6, while Riley is giving Codex a backrub, a sample taken from the Halo: Combat Evolved Opening Suite can be heard.
- In one CH original videos "PWN'd Support Group," one player states that she was teamkilled when her teammate drove a Warthog off a cliff.
Epic Rap Battles of HistoryEdit
- In season 2 episode 2, Master Chief is involved in a humorous rap battle against Leonidas from 300.
- This strip from the "SOB Story" storyline features Mike fighting his way into a limo where he thinks his girlfriend is being held captive, only to find two goons playing Halo.
- #36 The Blue Grenades Stick makes fun of anti-Xbox users in a Halo environment. The title refers to Plasma Grenades.
- #123 Alien Abductions makes fun of Halo 2 matchmaking.
- #128 The Crying Game jokes that Samus Aran, heroine of the Metroid games, spent the night with John-117 while drunk.
- #151 Tea Bag makes fun of the Corpse Humping practice in Halo multiplayer matches.
- #163 Coco Beans in Warm Water mentions a patch in Halo 2, as well as a questionable scene involving two Scorpion tanks, as it comments on some controversy in certain video games.
- #182 It's The Thought That Counts features Christmas gift-giving scenes using characters from various video games, including a blue Spartan giving a red Spartan a blue flag in front of a holographic tree.
- #231 Spoons pokes fun at the close proximity of Mongoose riders.
- #285 Obligatory pokes fun at the close proximity of Jetpack users, and Assassination Moves.
- In the Music Video for the song "Baby Don't Go," the singer "Fabolous" (John David Jackson) is seen playing Halo 3. The video was created before Halo 3 was released, so the video features the Starry Night Trailer instead of actual gameplay.
- Halo 3 gameplay can be seen throughout the Music Video for Madcon's version of the song "Beggin."
- The song "You're Pitiful" has a direct reference to playing Halo 2: "You're half undressed / Eatin' chips off your chest / While you're playin' Halo 2 / No one's classier than you."
Son of DorkEdit
- The song "We're Not Alone" features the lyrics "I know you're up there somewhere playing Halo with E.T."
- The song "Live On" has the line "Good food, BBQ, playin' Halo 2, I'm living proof of a dream come true"
Your Favorite MartianEdit
- The song "NERD RAGE!!!" features the lyrics "I'll own your ass in Halo so bad you might cry."
- In The song "Is Anybody Out There?" you can see the kid playing Halo: Reach.
In his song "There He Go" he says the line "The way my n***** hit yo block you'll think it's Halo." An obvious reference to the immense firepower available in the Halo game series.
- The "Xbox Universal" is an Xbox that was handed out for free by people dressed as characters from Halo.
- On page 164 (425 in some editions), the character Peach is playing a game called "Halo 5" on the 26th level.
Michael Vey: The Prisoner of Cell 25Edit
- Michael's friend Ostin suggests that they should go to Michael's house and play Halo. “Want to come over and play Halo?” Ostin asked. “Can’t. I’ve got detention, remember?”
Several issues of the comics feature weapons from the games such as the Battle rifle, the SMG, the Shotgun, and the Rocket Launcher. one issue also feature alien races using Covenant plasma pistols, needlers, and carbines. An MA5C rifle is featured in the same issue.
To Love RuEdit
- In Season 1 Episode 4, Rito makes a reference to the Halo games while talking about intergalactic wars with his alien friend Lala. One of the pictures show Rito in SPARTAN-II armor carrying an Assault rifle and posing like Master Chief from the Halo 3 cover, complete with the destroyed bridge. The other picture shows High Charity near a Halo.
- ↑ 
- ↑ news.xbox.com: Forza Horizon 3 Goes Gold and Welcomes Halo Warthog
- ↑ Eurogamer.net: Halo 4 Warthog in Forza 4
- ↑ Halo Waypoint - The Halo: Spartan Assault 1969 Ford Mustang Boss 302
- ↑ Halo Waypoint: Canon Fodder: Fighting Words
- ↑ Halo Waypoint, Halo Minecraft Skins for Xbox 360
- ↑ Xbox Wire - Halo Arrives on Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition