Laser Kill is a medal awarded in Halo 3, Halo 3: ODST, Halo: Reach and Halo 4 (as Splaser Kill) for killing an enemy with the Spartan Laser. It is awarded for any kill with the Laser (other than melee). Due to its unwieldy charge time and high level of precision it takes to destroy a target with the weapon. The medal is represented by a gray cog shape with a black circle that in turn has a red dot in the center. As the medal is obtained, a message appears on the screen saying "You lasered (player)".
- This medal bears a strong resemblance to the viewing port of Hal 9000, an AI from the movie "2001: A Space Odyssey"; it has a dark circle with a single red dot in the center.
- The "You lasered (player)" appears to be glitched, because on occasion, when an ally lasers an opponent, it will only say "(Ally) killed (player)".
- You can also get this medal by lasering an enemy's vehicle while they're in it. An easy way to get multiples of this medal is to destroy a vehicle with multiple passengers with the laser, you will get one for each person in the destroyed vehicle.
- The medal resembles the barrel of the weapon with the red dot being the charged laser.
- The player will get 3 of these medals in Firefight when they laser a Wraith, one for the driver, one for the turret gunner and the final one for the tank itself. So, if the gunner has been previously killed (for example, by a sniper), lasering the Wraith gives only two of this medal.