Krith was a Kig-Yar prince who gained notoriety as an infamous pirate. At some point, he took possession of a modified T-27 "Beam Rifle" SASR from the Covenant.[Note 1] He dubbed the weapon Krith's Left Hand,[Note 2] and kept it locked away in his personal vault.
Krith's rule was eventually ended by Ripa 'Moramee, who led a team of Sangheili in a successful attempt to overthrow him. At some point during the battle, Ripa 'Moramee raided Krith's personal vaults and was able to reclaim "Krith's Left Hand" for the Covenant. It was this engagement that led the Prophet of Regret to hypothesize that 'Moramee had developed a "fondness" for brutality, and also perhaps contributed to Regret's decision to grant the Sangheili the rank of Arbiter.
- Krith is mistakenly referred to as a pirate-king in the description of Krith's Left Hand, when he is in fact a pirate-prince.
- ↑ The description of Krith's Left Hand states that the weapon was "Reclaimed" from Krith, meaning that it must have been of Covenant origin.
- ↑ Given that it is of Covenant origin, Krith must have been the one who gave the weapon its name; the Covenant would not name a weapon after someone they deemed a heretic.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Halo 5: Guardians - REQ System ("Reclaimed from the notorious Kig-Yar Pirate King's personal vaults by the previous Arbiter, Ripa 'Moramee. Advanced Beam Rifle that fires a burst of energy with each pull of the trigger."- Krith's Left Hand official description)
- ↑ Halo: The Essential Visual Guide , Page 10
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 Halo Wars: Genesis , Page 40