Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Main article: King
- Stay on the hill for a total of 2 minutes to win the game. Hill does not move in actual gameplay.
- Main article: Team King
- Your team must take the hill and control it uncontested for one minute to win. Hill does not move.
- Main article: Phantom King
- Control the hill uncontested to earn time. Everyone has active camo and the hill does not move. 1 minute wins.
- Main article: Crazy King
- The hill moves once a minute. Be the first to earn 2 minutes on it to take the crown.
Team Crazy KingEdit
- Main article: Team Crazy King
- Your team must earn just one minute uncontested on the moving hill to take the crown.
- Main article: Mosh Pit
- Featured in Halo 3, this variation is found in Lone Wolves and Rumble Pit. The hill does not move and everyone inside the hill is tougher, which can make it a lot easier to achieve the Hail to the King medal.
- In Halo: The Fall of Reach, Doctor Halsey comments that John-117 is playing 'King of the Hill' with some other children.
- King of the Hill was one of the original multiplayer gametypes in Marathon.
- Some people use King of the Hill for races.
- In Halo: Reach, the hill can be placed on a vehicle.
- A useful tactic during team games, is to have one person inside the hill scoring points, and the rest of the team fanning out and defending the hill and player in it.
- Close Quarters weapons are usually the best weapons for holding the hill, as the close proximity to other players makes them desirable.
- Due to the hills visual style it could be used as a form of camouflage to surprise opponents attacking or defending the hill.
- Often players will throw a grenade into the hill in an attempt to clear out opposition before moving in. Hence, a player can accumulate a number of multiple kills if the opposition is standing too close to each other when the grenade explodes. Occasionally some servers may limit access to grenades to make this much more difficult.
- When controlling the hill, a bubble shield tends to be very useful.