February 28th, 2524 (age 28)
210.5 centimetres (6 ft 10.9 in)
111.1 kilograms (245 lb)
Bald (presumed black)
|Affiliation and military information|
Alpha Company[note 1]
- "In recognition of this, his tireless diligence, we honor him as the vigilant eye of Noble. "
- — The Monument to Noble Team
Jun-A266 (pronounced "June") is a SPARTAN-III commando of the UNSC Naval Special Warfare Command, attached to Special Warfare Group Three. He fought as a part of Noble Team. His call sign was Noble Three, during the Fall of Reach in 2552.
Jun was born on 2524 in Tyumen, New Harmony. Originally conscripted as a part of Alpha Company, he served with Noble Team as Noble Three during the Fall of Reach in 2552. Jun is Noble Team's sniper and recon specialist, pointing out targets for the rest of Noble to hit.
His status during the Reclaimer trilogy is unknown.
Personality and traitsEdit
- "I kill the enemy, but do not hate them."
- — When previewing his voice in the Armory
He is regarded as "rock solid under pressure" and has shown symptoms of post-traumatic stress in the past. He is a thoughtful and taciturn soldier, but he is also noted as being "chatty", sometimes to the degree his chattiness is considered being against noise discipline protocols. This is, however, often overlooked by his peers in the field due to the informational bent of his chatter. In a psychiatric evaluation on 15/12/2549, he was noted as having "an unhealthy emotional detachment in regards to the consequences of his actions". Colonel Urban Holland, who later evaluated the members of Noble Team, disagreed with this assertion, commenting that Jun is a rationalist, and also a SPARTAN.
Jun wears a Scout helmet, with an HU/RS upgrade to the helmet, a MJOLNIR Powered Assault Armor/Tactical Patrol chest piece. He uses the MJOLNIR Powered Assault Armor/Sniper variant shoulders with his combat knife on his right shoulder and spare sniper rifle rounds are on his left shoulder, and MJOLNIR Powered Assault Armor/Tactical UGPS for his left forearm. His leg attachments consist of a Tactical/Soft Case on his left thigh and FJ/PARA variant knee guards. His weapon of choice is the Sniper Rifle System 99 Anti-Matériel.
- Jun was voiced by Sunil Malhotra.
- Jun is the first Spartan to be shown with his helmet off in gameplay.
- Jun's possible namesake, Arjuna, is the greatest marksman in Hindu mythology. He was the son of the King of Gods, Indra. Arjuna, whose name means 'bright', 'shining', 'white' or 'silver' , was such a peerless archer that he is often referred to as Vishnu –the unbeatable.
- Jun's voice can be used in Halo: Reach's firefight for 10,000 credits.
- Jun shares his homeworld with Catherine-B320, this could explain why the two have Slavic accents.
- Jun has a tattoo of a hand grasping three arrows next to his left ear. The tattoo has several marked similarities with the symbol for the SPARTAN-II Program. However, if examined closely it can be noted that the emblem is in fact the Bungie Coat of Arms.
- Jun's helmet is available as an avatar award and is obtained by killing 100 enemies in a row without dying in either campaign or firefight.
- Jun is the last surviving member of Noble Team and one of the last in Alpha Company.
- Early concept art of Jun shows him wearing an early concept of the GUNGNIR helmet.
- Jun and Carter are the only two Spartans on Noble Team to never use their combat knives during cutscenes.
- The player would need to be a Brigadier to replicate him, and even then, his shoulder with the combat knife cannot be bought. Only the spare sniper rifle rounds will be added, despite a cost difference between the shoulders. Jun also has a backpack that can't be replicated. Carter shares the same backpack, albeit it is worn with the Assault/Commando chestpiece, not the Tactical/Patrol which Jun wears. To somewhat recreate Jun-A266's concept art armor, they would need Scout helmet, Sniper left shoulder, MJOLNIR Mark V. right shoulder, Tactical/Patrol chest piece, Tactical/Soft Case utility, Tactical/UGPS wrist armor, FJ/Para knee guards, Gold visor, and Sage as Primary and Secondary colors.
- Jun has a reddish visor on his helmet, this is also the case with Jorge-052.
- The title for the non-canonical comic series called, "A Fistful of Arrows" which Jun stars in, was after the tattoos Jun has on the left of his head, which shows a hand holding three arrows.
- Jun's name is similar to the the pinyin spelling for the Chinese word jǖn, which means "soldier".
- Jun is the only SPARTAN on Noble team to have their face shown and not possess any facial scars; this may be due to his role as the team's sniper.
- Jun is one of the few SPARTANs to be truly MIA.
- Jun's tactical patrol chest is at its normal length during gameplay, but in the fan-made comic, "A Fistful of Arrows" its length has increased, most likely due to been able to camouflage with his surroundings better, and is able to go over his helmet.
- His number 266 is another possible 7 reference. 2+6+6=14 14=7+7
List of appearancesEdit
- Halo: Reach (First appearance)
- ↑ Alpha Company started in 2531, Beta Company started in 2537, and Gamma Company started in the mid-2540s. The targeted age group for SPARTAN-III initiation is around six.
| SPARTAN Noble Team|
|Carter-A259 | Catherine-B320 | Emile-A239 | Jorge-052 | Jun-A266 | SPARTAN-B312 | Thom-293|