Jerome-092, born Jerome Cable, is a SPARTAN-II Commando of the UNSC Naval Special Warfare Command. He was a member of Red Team and fought alongside the crew of the UNSC Spirit of Fire in early 2531. He is one of the leaders of Red Team.
Jerome Cable was born on May 8, 2511 to a poor family in the Palaikos borderlands of the colony of Minister. Early into his childhood, he turned to a life of crime and discovered his violent side. After being selected as a suitable candidate for the SPARTAN-II Program in 2517, he was abducted and sent to Reach, where he was specially trained to be a soldier. In 2525, he and the other candidates underwent a series of augmentations to improve their physical and mental abilities. Jerome was among the ones that survived and were not crippled or killed by the procedure.
During his training, he tried to escape numerous times, but he quickly proved himself to be considered one of the program's top candidates. Both Dr. Halsey and Chief Mendez identified him as one of four emerging leaders within the Spartan-II group, along with Kurt-051, Frederic-104, and John-117.
Jerome's leadership skills were correctly observed, as he later became the earliest known appointed leader of the Spartan-II's Red Team.
Battle of ArcadiaEdit
Jerome was the appointed leader of Red Team during the First Battle of Arcadia. He and his team were tasked with stopping the Covenant long enough to evacuate the civilians of Arcadia. Afterward, he and Red Team linked up with forces from the Spirit of Fire and assisted in a counter-attack on a Covenant outpost. Once the plan to infiltrate a large Covenant shield was passed down from Captain James Cutter, Jerome and Red Team remained with the crew to assist with the assignment. He prevented the destruction of several prototype Rhinos while they ensured that the shield was destroyed. After Sergeant John Forge's forces triumphed over a Scarab, the three searched for Covenant survivors in the jungles on a Warthog. Jerome accompanied Sergeant Forge to the bridge of the Spirit of Fire to report their situation. Upon hearing that Professor Ellen Anders had been abducted by the Arbiter, Jerome immediately recommended destroying the fleeing vessel, much to Forge's displeasure, stating that Professor Anders "...represented a significant security breach." However, against Jerome's recommendation, Captain Cutter ordered the Spirit of Fire into Slipspace, following the Covenant ship carrying Anders. Jerome-092 and Sergeant Forge left the bridge, and came to a brief altercation, resulting in a broken chair, a seal malfunction on a bulkhead and a stern interruption from Serina. From then on, Forge and Jerome always ate together in the mess hall.
Later, upon arriving at a Forerunner Shield World, Jerome assisted the Spirit of Fire's crew in neutralizing Covenant and Flood forces. Once Jerome assisted in destroying a Proto-Gravemind he and Red Team became stranded on the planet. With the Spirit of Fire being dragged inside the megastructure, Red Team was assisted by the forces of Sergeant John Forge and successfully withdrew to the ship. Red Team then assisted the crew in scouring the Flood forces from the hull of the Spirit of Fire and successfully repaired the power core when it was damaged.
- “Good luck sir, it's been an honor.”
Once Anders was rescued, he was tasked with ensuring the Spirit of Fire's Shaw-Fujikawa Translight Engine arrived at the teleporter that would take it to The Apex's command center. In the control center, Jerome, along with Alice-130 and Douglas-042, engaged a large force of Honor Guards while Forge engaged the Arbiter. Once the area was clear, Jerome volunteered to take the slightly-damaged drive in and ensure its destruction. Sergeant Forge, believing that Spartans would play a bigger part in the war than he ever could, took his place. Jerome (with the Spirit of Fire's crew) was then charged with opening the gate which allowed the Spirit of Fire to exit the Shield World.
In 2559, after years in cryosleep, Jerome and the rest of the Spirit of Fire arrived at Installation 00. The Spirit detected a signal coming from the surface. Jerome with Red Team were sent down to investigate. Eventually they found a destroyed outpost, and Atriox. Atriox reduced much of Red Team down, causing Alice to go MIA and Douglas to be injured. However, Jerome returned to the ship unscathed and with the outpost's AI Isabel. Jerome would immediately return to the surface with several Marines to help take down Decimus' salvaging operation.
Halo Wars 2Edit
|Image||Energy Cost||Rarity||Leader Restriction|
Jerome-092 is the Hero unit for Captain Cutter.
- Jerome-092's name was inspired by the Campaign Lead of Halo Wars, Jerome K. Jones.
- Jerome has to be a Petty Officer Third Class for John Forge to outrank him. However, all SPARTAN-IIs became Petty Officers Second Class upon graduation in 2525.
- McFarlane Toys released a figurine of Jerome titled "Red Team Leader Mark IV." It was released on March 2 in a boxed set that also included an MA5B Assault Rifle, John-117, and a flamethrower.
- Mendez and Halsey considered him one of four top candidates for a leadership position among the SPARTAN-IIs.
- If one looks on Jerome's right pauldron, there is a tattooed print of an ancient Spartan Helmet.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 Halo Waypoint: Universe: Characters, Official Biography Page
- ↑ Halo: The Essential Visual Guide, page 153
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Halo Wars 2 - Collectible: Phoenix Logs - UNSC Units - Jerome-092
- ↑ Halo: The Fall of Reach
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Halo: Reach Limited Edition Dr. Halsey's private journal
- ↑ Halo Wars - Level: Arcadia City
- ↑ Halo Wars - Level: Arcadia Outskirts
- ↑ Halo Wars - Level: Dome of Light
- ↑ Halo Wars - Level: Scarab
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 Halo Wars - Level: Anders' Signal
- ↑ Halo Wars - Level: The Flood
- ↑ Halo Wars - Level: Shield World
- ↑ Halo Wars - Level: Cleansing
- ↑ Halo Wars - Level: Repairs
- ↑ 15.0 15.1 Halo Wars - Level: Escape
- ↑ Halo Wars - Level: Reactor
- ↑ Halo Wars 2 - Level: The Signal
- ↑ Halo Wars 2 - Level: A New Enemy
- ↑ Halo Waypoint: Halo Wars 2 - Introducing Halo Wars 2: Awakening the Nightmare
- ↑ 1up.com: Ten Things You Didn't Know About Halo Wars