|This article may not meet Halo Nation's standards. You can help by cleaning this article.|
Installation 01, also known as Beta Halo to humanity, is one of seven Halo Rings. Based on the information gathered from Master Chief's reconnaissance in the Citadel, the landscape on this ring is made up of an endless desert with a limited atmosphere.
In 2552, during the Battle of Installation 05, a signal was sent to this Halo from Installation 05, putting it on standby mode. A readout from Installation 05's Control Room showed that Installation 01 was fully prepared to fire on demand.
A more comprehensive readout was later observed on the Ark by Thel 'Vadam, John-117, and the Prophet of Truth during the Battle of Installation 00. It once again displayed that Installation 01 was in standby mode, being prepared to receive the signal to fire. However, John-117 deactivated the installation before it could be fired.
- No water surfaces can be seen, nor have been discovered.
- It appears to have a Martian surface. It is likely that the surface of Mars was transposed onto the hologram of the ring.
- It is the farthest Installation from the Ark.
- Like all Halo Arrays, Installation 01 gets its power from the Power Rooms which are connected to other Power Rooms placed around the whole ring.
- The Monitor of this Installation 01's number would be 001 following the pattern seen in naming the other monitors. This Monitor is the only Monitor that shares his number with the Ring.