The Inner Colonies, sometimes referred to as the Core Worlds, were the first worlds terraformed and colonized by the Unified Earth Government and the United Nations Space Command, relieving the overpopulation pressure on Earth that resulted in the Interplanetary War.
The Inner Colony WarsEdit
- Main article: Inner Colony Wars
It is known that there was a war some time before the 26th century called the "Inner Colony Wars". Very little is known about it and it might just be an alternate name of the Interplanetary Wars, though the name would be of a post-Outer Colonies age, and probably only referring to the Sol system colonies.
The Inner Colonies consisted of the 210 planets which were colonized before 2390. In 2490, Reach, which was located near the boundary of the Inner and Outer Colonies, became the UNSC's military center. As the UNSC began settling the Outer Colonies, the Inner Colonies, with their established social and economic infrastructures, became the political and economic basis of the UNSC, supplied with raw materials from the newer settlements.
The Human-Covenant warEdit
- Main article: Human-Covenant war
Numerous ships were pulled from their positions in the Outer Colonies to defend the Inner Colonies. Old ships, such as the Halcyon-class light cruiser UNSC Pillar of Autumn, were refitted and brought back into service to supplement the remaining defense forces.
The Fall of ReachEdit
- Main article: Fall of Reach
In 2552, the Covenant discovered Reach. The Covenant initially landed on the planet with a smaller fleet, but it began to escalate as more and more combatants arrived on either side. Dozens of Inner Colony planets were bypassed by the Covenant Fleet attacking Reach. While Reach would end up being destroyed, a cruiser, the UNSC Pillar of Autumn, would escape the destruction and begin the decisive Battle of Installation 04.
It can be presumed that a number of inner Colonies survived, considering the next Covenant attack was Earth.
The Battle of EarthEdit
- Main article: Battle of Earth
After almost 27 years of war, Earth finally came under attack by the Prophet of Regret in late 2552. Earth's orbit would become the first area to be besieged, before the Prophet would move onto New Mombasa. The Prophet would then use slipspace to fast travel out of New Mombasa and to Installation 05. Other Covenant forces would eventually move onto Ross Island, Havana, Cleveland, and Pawa. When the Keyship carrying the Prophet of Truth and John-117 returned to Earth, his forces would use the crater created by Regret to dig up The Artifact. This artifact would eventually lead to Installation 00 and the end of the war.
- Epsilon Eridani system
- Sol system
- Ectanus 45 system
- Chi Rho - Unknown status.
- Actium - Glassed in May 2545
- Ballast - Unsuccessfully attacked
- Camber - Glassed
- Gannick 22 - Still held
- Imber - Attacked, unknown status
- Minister - Still held
- New Carthage - Still held
- Skopje - Glassed in 2547.
- Halo: Combat Evolved (Mentioned only)
- Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary (Mentioned only)
- Halo: The Fall of Reach (First appearance)
- Halo 2
- Halo 3
- Halo 3: ODST
- Halo: Reach
- Halo 4
- Halo: The Flood
- Halo: First Strike
- Halo: Ghosts of Onyx
- Halo Graphic Novel
- Halo: Uprising
- Halo: Contact Harvest
- Halo: The Cole Protocol
- Halo: Evolutions - Essential Tales of the Halo Universe
- ↑ Halo: Contact Harvest, page 33
- ↑ Halo Graphic Novel, Second Sunrise over New Mombasa
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Xbox.com Halo Storyline (Defunct, Copy on HBO Forums)
- ↑ Halo: The Fall of Reach 2010 Edition, page 251
- ↑ Halo Encyclopedia - Page 208 - The Fall of Reach
- ↑ Halo: Reach level Winter Contingency
- ↑ Halo: Reach level Nightfall
- ↑ Halo: The Fall of Reach, page ??
- ↑ Halo: Combat Evolved level The Pillar of Autumn
- ↑ Halo 2 level Cairo Station
- ↑ Halo 2 level Metropolis
- ↑ Halo 2 level Delta Halo
- ↑ Halo 2 level The Great Journey
- ↑ Halo 3: ODST level Coastal Highway
- ↑ Halo 3 level The Ark