- “It's a little like a birdhouse for Huragok. A great big exploding birdhouse.”— Bungie.net Description
A Huragok Recharge Station also referred as "squid houses" is a static energy station for Huragoks to rest and repair each other in the middle of a battle. However, if it takes enough fire, it will set off a large explosion, damaging anything and anyone in its radius. There are four "arms" that can fit four Huragok each. There is a hatch in the center of the Station, for picking them up or dropping them into the Station.
During the Battle of Mombasa, these stations were deployed by the Covenant in large numbers to the flooded areas on the northern side of New Mombasa, near Kikowani Station. Most of them were destroyed by an ODST Squad on their way out of the city.
- In the Firefight kill chest, it is labeled as a vehicle. The stations are coded into the game as vehicles for the same reason that Halo 3's Orbital Insertion Pods are vehicles.
- The stations only appear in Halo 3: ODST, on the level, Kikowani Station.
- In Halo 3: ODST, although the stations are never officially named, Dutch and later the other members of the squad refer to them as "Squid Houses."
- When trying to get the Good Samaritan, it is recommended to leave the Stations be. When a Station is destroyed the explosion could be sufficient to kill nearby Huragok.