It is based on part of the ending of the campaign level The Pillar of Autumn. The name signifies how Noble Six and Emile-A239 need to "hold out" against the Covenant while the UNSC Pillar of Autumn escapes Reach.
The following are locations on the map that are seen from the player's Heads-up display.
- Lower Landing
- Central Platform
- Field Office
- Crow's Nest
- The Banshees that appear as special enemies on this map have been known to undergo "mood swings." One minute they will be dangerous enemies that evade almost all attacks and the next minute they will plow into a piece of scenery and get stuck or even crash into the ground.
- An example of these kamikaze Banshees can be seen here.
- The level's name matches with the scenario that the player experiences in both Firefight and the campaign in which the level is based on. The player, or players, have to hold out against waves of Covenant forces until the player(s) run out of lives or completes the mission.
- There are "Radio Conversations" about "Zombie Plans", on this map.
- The MAC-GUN that was rigged by the marines had been removed.