Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- “Faster! You wanna die in the mud, Marine?!”— Harland to Private Fincher
Corporal Harland is a veteran of the UNSC Marine Corps during 2552. He assumed tactical command during the lopsided Battle of Sigma Octanus IV after his commanding officers were wiped out by opposing Covenant forces.
Battle of Sigma Octanus IVEdit
Harland and three members of his squad, Privates Fincher, Cochran, and Walker encountered Covenant Hunters and retreated to Alpha Headquarters after realizing that Firebase Bravo and the surrounding area had been destroyed by the Covenant. While retreating, they were involved in a skirmish against some Grunts. They killed the Grunts, but Cochran was severely wounded by Needler rounds.
They narrowly won a retreating fight against two Banshees, where Harland attempted to destroy the covenant fighters with the chain gun on the Warthog. He was unable to do so and the squad was saved by Cochran, who managed to shoot down both Banshees despite his injuries. After returning to the primary headquarters near the city Cote d'Azur, only to find that it was also destroyed with almost no survivors, Harland called for reinforcements, not expecting the SPARTANs.
- Halo: The Fall of Reach (First appearance)
- ↑ Halo: The Fall of Reach, page 164-176, "Harland checked on Cochran. Private Cochran's eyes fluttered open, cracking the mud caked onto his face. "We back yet, Corporal?" "Almost," Harland replied. Cochran's pulse was steady, although his face had, in the last several minutes, drained of color. The wounded man looked like a corpse. Damn it, Harland thought, he's going to bleed out.Harland placed a reassuring hand on Cochran's shoulder. "Hang in there. We'll patch you up as soon as we get to camp."They had dropships at Bravo. Cochran had a chance, albeit a slim one, if they got him back to the combat surgeons at headquarters--or better yet, to the Navy docs on the orbiting ships. For a moment Harland was dazzled with visions of clean sheets, hot meals--and a meter of armor between him and the Covenant."'
- ↑ Halo: The Fall of Reach, pages 209-210
- ↑ Halo: The Fall of Reach, pages 218-220