Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|This article is out-of-date needs to be updated with new information. Please visit this article's talk page for more info.|
- “This is a must-have guide to the Halo universe. Humanity teeters on the brink of extinction, as hostile forces and ancient mysteries threaten to snuff out our first fiery foray into the universe. Take a trip into the world of Halo and discover everything you ever wanted to know about the characters, weapons, vehicles, equipment and locations from Halo, Halo 2, Halo 3, Halo Wars and Halo 3: ODST. From the Colonial Administration Authority to the UNSC, you'll find an overview of Halo's human history and structure and gain insight into key organizations. Discover all about the Covenant - its history and religion - as well as the Forerunners, Flood and much more. It's what Halo fans have been waiting for.”— Dorling Kindersley
The Halo Encyclopedia is an official guidebook of the Halo Universe published by Dorling Kindersley. The encyclopedia has a foreword written by Frank O'Connor, the Halo franchise director, and was edited by Tobias Buckell. It was released on October 19, 2009. An updated version was released on September 19, 2011.
There are two editions of the book. The first edition contains information about Halo: Combat Evolved, Halo 2, Halo 3, Halo 3: ODST, and Halo Wars. The second edition is the same as the first, but with information about Halo: Reach.
- Foreword by Frank O' Connor
- The Covenant
- The Flood
- The Forerunners
- The Human-Covenant war
- Science and Technology
Reception to the Halo Encyclopedia was mixed. Some reviewers and readers praised the book's detailed approach to its content. However, other reviewers stated that the book's images were often of poor quality and "seemed haphazardly thrown together." Others criticisms centered on the work's poor editing, most notably its spelling, grammar, and mistakes.
- Scout and Rogue are listed as the same armor type.
- The ranking system of the Brutes lists a picture of a Major as a Minor.
- The color of a Brute Ultra's armor is labelled as cyan instead of violet.
- Miranda Keyes is stated to have been killed by a Brute Honor Guard, but on page 182, it states she was killed by the Prophet of Truth (which is her true cause of death).
- The UNSC Herodotus is said to be destroyed by a energy projector in the battle of Sigma Octanus IV when actually destroyed in the assault on Reach.