|This article may not meet Halo Nation's standards. You can help by cleaning this article.|
Halo Effect: An Unauthorized Look at the Most Successful Video Game of All Time is a 224-page book about the Halo franchise, released in April 2007 and published by "Benbella Books". It is a collection of 13 essays and can be described as viewing the Halo phenomenon from every angle. It gives behind-the-scenes looks at Halo machinimas, how interest in Halo grew during its construction, scientific essays explaining how the laws of physics work on Halo, the making of Halo: Combat Evolved and Halo 2, and much more.
- "You Are John-117", by Matthew Woodring Stover
- "Planetary Objects in the Rear View Mirror", by Kieron Gillen
- "Have Gun, Will Travel", by Paul Kix
- "Halo Science 101", by Kevin R. Grazier, Ph.D.
- "Lights, Camera, Play!", by Glenna Whitley
- "Broken Halos", by Charlie W. Starr
- "The Modern Mythos", by Jill MacKay
- "Is Halo Doom-ed", by Janine Hiddlestone
- "Gun on a Bun", by David Thomas
- "The Making of Halo and Halo 2", by Dean Takahashi
- "Warlords", by Peter A. Smith and Alicia Sanchez
- "Run Awaaaaay!", by Nick Mamatas
- "Halo and the High Art of Games", by Vox Day