| This article is about upcoming material. Editors must cite sources for all contributions to this article. Edits that do not follow this standard will be reverted without notice.|
For more information, see the Citation Policy.
|Halo 5: Guardians|
US date released
October 27, 2015
EU date released
October 27, 2015
Rating Pending (RP)
Halo 5: Guardians is an upcoming Halo game announced during Microsoft's E3 2013 presentation as the second chapter in the John-117 storyline of the Reclaimer Saga and the sequel to Halo 4. It is scheduled to be released on October 27, 2015.
Characters and SettingEdit
Armor Abilities will not be present in Halo 5: Guardians. The "new Spartan abilities" mentioned in the Halo 5: Guardians multiplayer beta announcement trailer are not Armor Abilities. Each ability can be used by all. They are:
- Thruster Pack: Similar to Thruster Pack from Halo 4, except now there is movement in any direction.
- Ground Pound: While in air, you can slam down into the ground, potentially killing anyone below.
- Clamber: If you miss a ledge, you can pull yourself up.
- Slide: While sprinting, you can slide.
- Charge: While sprinting, you can slam into an enemy.
- Sprint: Sprinting like in Halo 4, but after a certain amount of time, you will achieve the perfect velocity to activate the previous two abilities. Sprinting will stop shield recharge.
- Smart Scope: A zoom function that applies to all weapons. Each weapon has a different degree of zoom.
Spectator mode will be allowed within multiplayer matches.
Multiplayer Maps Edit
|Breakout Arena (Forge canvas)|
|Unidentified mountain map (Forge canvas)|
|Escape From A.R.C.|
- BR85 Heavy Barrel Service Rifle
- Hydra MLRS
- M395 Designated Marksman Rifle
- M45D Tactical Shotgun
- M6H2 PDWS
- MA5D Individual Combat Weapon System
- M739 Light Machine Gun
- Asymmetric Recoilless Carbine-920
- Sniper Rifle System 99-Series 5 Anti-Matériel
- Unidentified Rocket Launcher Model
- Unidentified Spartan Laser Variant
- Unidentified Submachine Gun Model
- Prophets' Bane
- M41 Surface-to-Surface Rocket Medium Anti-Vehicle/Assault Weapon
- Kelly's Shotgun
- Linda's Sniper Rifle
- Type-32 Rapid Assault Vehicle
- Type-26 Ground Support Aircraft
- Unidentified Covenant ship classification (Simulation, first appearance)
- CCS-class battlecruiser
- Splendid Intention
- Type-56 Ground Support/Ultra Heavy Deployment Platform
- Unknown Spirit class
- Type-26 Assault Gun Carriage
- Type-44 Troop Carrier
Xbox One RevealEdit
- “There was no ambiguity in not putting a number after the game. For me, what we showed wasn’t the game. Nobody should be confused on that. I didn’t really want to try to show something that was clearly a thought piece by the studio around where Master Chief is in his journey, and then drop the name after it and be somewhat disingenuous about that being the game. But I did want Bonnie [Ross] to come out and say 'First-person shooter. Master Chief.' Because they'll get the questions: 'Hey, is this ODST? What are you guys doing?' Bonnie [Ross] comes out and reaffirms that 343 is building this game. It’s Master Chief. It’s a first-person shooter at 60 frames per second. It’s coming in 2014.”— Phil Spencer, regarding the teaser trailer
On May 16, 2014, Bonnie Ross, General Manager of 343 Industries, announced on Xbox Wire that the Halo game will be named Halo 5: Guardians and will be released in Fall 2015. Bonnie also announced that Halo 5: Guardians will run on a new and more powerful engine.
Hunt the TruthEdit
- Main article: Hunt the Truth
On March 19, 2015, Frank O'Connor tweeted a link to a Tumblr page called Hunt the Truth. On the page, there was countdown that had ended on March 22, 2015 at 1:00am UTC and had an image of the word "Traitor" engraved onto a bullet. The page revealed to be about a journalist and war photographer, Benjamin Giraud, who is trying to find the truth about the Master Chief.
The Limited Edition includes:
- Warzone REQ Bundle - 14 Premium Requisition packs
- Halo: The Fall of Reach – Animated Series
- Guardian model by Metal Earth®
- Uniquely-designed Spartan themed SteelBook®
- Spartan Locke’s Classified Orders
- Dossiers on Blue Team and Fireteam Osiris
- Xbox Live Gold 14-day Trial
Limited Collector's EditionEdit
The Limited Collector’s Edition includes all the previous items within the Limited Edition and it also comes with a commemorative statue designed by 343 Industries: A statue of John-117 and Spartan Jameson Locke. The statue is able to be split and separated from the middle separate.
- The Halo 5: Guardians multiplayer beta was accessible through Halo: The Master Chief Collection.
- Exclusive content unlocked in Halo: The Master Chief Collection will carry over to Halo 5: Guardians.
- Halo 5's Theater mode writes replay files to the dedicated servers as the player is playing. These files can be accessed in real-time, enabling players to spectate others live.
- Main article: Halo 5: Guardians Teaser Trailer
E3 2014 Multiplayer Beta AnnouncementEdit
- Main article: Halo 5: Guardians Multiplayer Beta Trailer
Spartan Locke Armor SetEdit
- Main article: Halo 5: Guardians Spartan Locke Armor Set
Hunt the TruthEdit
- Main article: All Hail
- Main article: The Cost
- ↑ Sister ships are always the same class. The Undiminished Entelechy was, as such, a CCS-class battlecruiser, but simply substituted to be a different class in the simulations: "for captains and admirals alike who are looking to gain any tactical advantage they can, both on the ground and in space. How might the events of Alpha Halo have been different if the Fleet of Particular Justice had been made up of different ships in the Covenant arsenal?" - Grimbrother One, Canon Fodder
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 GameSpot - Xbox One Revealed
- ↑ NeoGAF - Frank O'Conner's post
- ↑ IGN - Halo 5: Guardians Release Date Announced
- ↑ IGN - SDCC 2014: Agent Locke Playable in Halo 5: Guardians
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 5.3 Halo 5 final cover art, horizontal
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 GameInformer Issue 267, July 2015
- ↑ 7.00 7.01 7.02 7.03 7.04 7.05 7.06 7.07 7.08 7.09 7.10 Youtube: Halo 5: Guardians Campaign Trailer, and Co-op Gameplay [E3 2015 1080p]
- ↑ Youtube: Halo 5 Warzone ViDoc
- ↑ Halo 5: Guardians - Halsey Render
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 10.2 10.3 10.4 10.5 IGN: 15 Minutes of Halo 5 Warzone Multiplayer
- ↑ 11.0 11.1 11.2 11.3 11.4 11.5 11.6 Halo Waypoint: Cannon Fodder - Beta Late Than Never
- ↑ 12.0 12.1 12.2 12.3 Youtube: Halo 5: Guardians Spartan Locke Armor Set | 60 | GameStop
- ↑ 13.0 13.1 Halo 5: Guardians - Campaign Preview 14
- ↑ 14.0 14.1 14.2 14.3 14.4 14.5 Halo Waypoint: Canon Fodder - Conventional Warfare
- ↑ Halo Waypoint: Canon Fodder - Have S'moa (What is the name of Spartan Locke's armor variant? Spartan Locke is currently equipped with the MJOLNIR GEN2 Hunter variant)
- ↑ Twitter - Bonnie Ross
- ↑ Twitter - Quinn DelHoyo
- ↑ 18.0 18.1 18.2 18.3 18.4 18.5 18.6 Youtube: Halo 5: Guardians Beta - All 7 Spartan Abilities (Smart Scope, Charge, Etc.)
- ↑ Youtube: Halo 5: Guardians - EPIC Competitive Features Revealed
- ↑ 20.0 20.1 20.2 20.3 20.4 Team Beyond - HALO 5: GUARDIANS BETA SCHEDULE ANNOUNCED
- ↑ 21.0 21.1 Twitter - Josh Holmes
- ↑ Youtube: Halo 5 Forge - "Time Of Day" Gadget Confirmed? Orion Walkthrough!
- ↑ 23.0 23.1 Twitter - Josh Holmes
- ↑ 24.0 24.1 Halo Waypoint: Halo 5: Guardians, Halo 5: Guardians Beta
- ↑ [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eotvrop7qlU Youtube: Halo 5 Warzone ViDoc
- ↑ Halo Channel - The Sprint, Episode 3
- ↑ Youtube: Halo 5: Guardians Beta Gameplay - "Empire" (Slayer)
- ↑ 28.0 28.1 28.2 28.3 28.4 Youtube: - Halo 5: Guardians Multiplayer Beta First Look
- ↑ Youtube: Halo 5: Guardians Beta - Weapons In Halo 5 (Secret Weapon)
- ↑ This Screenshot of a player zoomed into the magnum in the Halo 5: Guardians Multiplayer Beta.
- ↑ Halo 5: Guardians - SAW Render
- ↑ Halo 5: Guardians - Railgun Render
- ↑ Halo Waypoint - Halo Championship Series - Promotional Image
- ↑ Halo Waypoint – Universe – SMG
- ↑ Halo 5: Guardians - Campaign Preview 2
- ↑ Halo 5: Guardians - Carbine Render
- ↑ Halo 5: Guardians - Fuel Rod Gun Render
- ↑ Halo 5: Guardians multiplayer beta - Empire 5
- ↑ Youtube - Halo 5: Guardians - Prophets Bane" Sword, and "Breakout" Gamemode
- ↑ "Bring back the SPNKr Rocket Launcher as a legendary version of the weapon" - Halo Waypoint - Blogs - How Fans Helped Shape the Multiplayer of Halo 5: Guardians
- ↑ 41.0 41.1 The Sprint - Season 2 - Episode 3: Warzone Wednesday
- ↑ Youtube: Halo 5: Beta - Epic Things You Can Do in Spectator Mode
- ↑ Youtube: Halo 5: Guardians Warzone Multiplayer E3 2015 Trailer
- ↑ IGN - Microsoft on Halo 5, Halo 2 Anniversary
- ↑ Xbox Wire - The Halo Journey
- ↑ Twitter - Frank O'Connor @franklez: The countdown is on http://huntthetruth.tumblr.com/ #Halo5 #HUNTtheTRUTH
- ↑ 47.0 47.1 Tumblr - HUNT the TRUTH
- ↑ Halo Waypoint - Halo 5: Guardians, Limited Edition
- ↑ Halo Waypoint - Halo 5: Guardians, Limited Collector's Edition
- ↑ YouTube - Xbox E3 2014 Media Briefing: Halo
- ↑ Halo Waypoint - Halo 5: Guardians
- ↑ YouTube - Halo 5: Guardians GAMEPLAY - E3 2015 Interview
|Halo trilogy||Halo: Combat Evolved (Anniversary) • Halo 2 (Anniversary) • Halo 3|
|Reclaimer Saga||Halo 4 • Halo 5: Guardians • Halo 6|
|Other games||Halo Wars • Halo 3: ODST • Halo: Reach • Halo Online|
|Top-down Shooter||Halo: Spartan Assault • Halo: Spartan Strike|
|Multiplayer expansions||Halo Custom Edition • Halo 2 Multiplayer Map Pack|
Halo 3: Mythic
|Ports||Halo PC • Halo 2 Vista|
|Collections||Halo: The Master Chief Collection|
|Bundles||Halo Triple Pack • Halo Origins Bundle|
|Cancelled titles||Halo: Chronicles • Halo MMO • Halo DS|