| This article is about upcoming material. Editors must cite sources for all contributions to this article. Edits that do not follow this standard will be reverted without notice.|
|Halo 5: Guardians|
US date released
Rating Pending (RP)
Characters and SettingEdit
Armor Abilities will not be present in Halo 5: Guardians. The "new Spartan abilities" mentioned in the Halo 5: Guardians multiplayer beta announcement trailer are not Armor Abilities. Each ability can be used by all. They are:
- Thruster Pack: Similar to Thruster Pack from Halo 4, except now there is movement in any direction.
- Ground Pound: While in air, you can slam down into the ground, potentially killing anyone below.
- Clamber: If you miss a ledge, you can pull yourself up.
- Slide: While sprinting, you can slide.
- Charge: While sprinting, you can slam into an enemy.
- Sprint: Sprinting like in Halo 4, but after a certain amount of time, you will achieve the perfect velocity to activate the previous two abilities. Sprinting will stop shield recharge.
- Smart Scope: A zoom function that applies to all weapons. Each weapon has a different degree of zoom.
Spectator mode will be allowed within multiplayer matches.
Multiplayer Maps Edit
|Breakout Arena (Forge canvas)|
|Unidentified mountain map (Forge canvas)|
- BR85HB SR Battle Rifle
- Hydra MLRS
- M395 Designated Marksman Rifle
- M45D Tactical Shotgun
- M6H2 PDWS
- MA5D Individual Combat Weapon System
- Sniper Rifle System 99-S5 Anti-Matériel
- Type-1 Energy Weapon/Sword
- Unidentified Rocket Launcher Model
- Unidentified Submachine Gun Model
- Z-250 Directed Energy Engagement Weapon
- D79H-TC Pelican
- Unidentified Covenant ship classification (Simulation, first appearance)
- CCS-class battlecruiser
- Infinity-class warship
- Halcyon-class light cruiser
Xbox One RevealEdit
- “There was no ambiguity in not putting a number after the game. For me, what we showed wasn’t the game. Nobody should be confused on that. I didn’t really want to try to show something that was clearly a thought piece by the studio around where Master Chief is in his journey, and then drop the name after it and be somewhat disingenuous about that being the game. But I did want Bonnie [Ross] to come out and say 'First-person shooter. Master Chief.' Because they'll get the questions: 'Hey, is this ODST? What are you guys doing?' Bonnie [Ross] comes out and reaffirms that 343 is building this game. It’s Master Chief. It’s a first-person shooter at 60 frames per second. It’s coming in 2014.”— Phil Spencer, regarding the teaser trailer
On May 16, 2014, Bonnie Ross, General Manager of 343 Industries, announced on Xbox Wire that the Halo game will be named Halo 5: Guardians and will be released in Fall 2015. Bonnie also announced that Halo 5: Guardians will run on a new and more powerful engine.
- The Halo 5: Guardians multiplayer beta was accessible through Halo: The Master Chief Collection.
- Exclusive content unlocked in Halo: The Master Chief Collection will carry over to Halo 5: Guardians.
E3 2013 TrailerEdit
E3 2014 TrailerEdit
- Main article: Halo 5: Guardians Teaser Trailer
E3 2014 Multiplayer Beta AnnouncementEdit
- Main article: Halo 5: Guardians Multiplayer Beta Trailer
- ↑ Sister ships are always the same class. The Undiminished Entelechy was, as such, a CCS-class battlecruiser, but simply substituted to be a different class in the simulations: "for captains and admirals alike who are looking to gain any tactical advantage they can, both on the ground and in space. How might the events of Alpha Halo have been different if the Fleet of Particular Justice had been made up of different ships in the Covenant arsenal?" - Grimbrother One, Canon Fodder
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 GameSpot - Xbox One Revealed
- ↑ NeoGAF - Frank O'Conner's post
- ↑ IGN - SDCC 2014: Agent Locke Playable in Halo 5: Guardians
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 4.4 4.5 4.6 Halo Waypoint: Cannon Fodder - Beta Late Than Never
- ↑ Halo Waypoint: Canon Fodder - Have S'moa (What is the name of Spartan Locke's armor variant? Spartan Locke is currently equipped with the MJOLNIR GEN2 Hunter variant)
- ↑ Twitter - Bonnie Ross
- ↑ Twitter - Quinn DelHoyo
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 8.2 8.3 8.4 8.5 8.6 Youtube: Halo 5: Guardians Beta - All 7 Spartan Abilities (Smart Scope, Charge, Etc.)
- ↑ Youtube: Halo 5: Guardians - EPIC Competitive Features Revealed
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 10.2 10.3 10.4 Team Beyond - HALO 5: GUARDIANS BETA SCHEDULE ANNOUNCED
- ↑ 11.0 11.1 Twitter - Josh Holmes
- ↑ Youtube: Halo 5 Forge - "Time Of Day" Gadget Confirmed? Orion Walkthrough!
- ↑ 13.0 13.1 Twitter - Josh Holmes
- ↑ 14.0 14.1 Halo Waypoint: Halo 5: Guardians, Halo 5: Guardians Beta
- ↑ Halo Channel - The Sprint, Episode 3
- ↑ Youtube: Halo 5: Guardians Beta Gameplay - "Empire" (Slayer)
- ↑ 17.0 17.1 17.2 17.3 17.4 Youtube: - Halo 5: Guardians Multiplayer Beta First Look
- ↑ Youtube: Halo 5: Guardians Beta - Weapons In Halo 5 (Secret Weapon)
- ↑ This Screenshot of a player zoomed into the magnum in the Halo 5: Guardians Multiplayer Beta.
- ↑ Halo Waypoint – Universe – SMG
- ↑ This screenshot
- ↑ Youtube - Halo 5: Guardians - Prophets Bane" Sword, and "Breakout" Gamemode
- ↑ "Bring back the SPNKr Rocket Launcher as a legendary version of the weapon" - Halo Waypoint - Blogs - How Fans Helped Shape the Multiplayer of Halo 5: Guardians
- ↑ Youtube: Halo 5: Beta - Epic Things You Can Do in Spectator Mode
- ↑ IGN - Microsoft on Halo 5, Halo 2 Anniversary
- ↑ Xbox Wire - The Halo Journey
- ↑ YouTube - Xbox E3 2014 Media Briefing: Halo
- ↑ Halo Waypoint - Halo 5: Guardians
|Halo trilogy||Halo: Combat Evolved (Anniversary) • Halo 2 (Anniversary) • Halo 3|
|Reclaimer Saga||Halo 4 • Halo: Spartan Assault • Halo: Spartan Strike|
|Upcoming games||Halo 5: Guardians • Halo 6|
|Other games||Halo Wars • Halo 3: ODST • Halo: Reach|
|Multiplayer expansions||Halo Custom Edition • Halo 2 Multiplayer Map Pack|
Halo 3: Mythic
|Ports||Halo PC • Halo 2 Vista|
|Collections||Halo: The Master Chief Collection|
|Bundles||Halo Triple Pack • Halo Origins Bundle|
|Cancelled titles||Halo: Chronicles • Halo MMO • Halo DS|