| This article is about upcoming material. Editors must cite sources for all contributions to this article. Edits that do not follow this standard will be reverted without notice.|
For more information, see the Citation Policy.
|Halo 5: Guardians|
US date released
October 27, 2015
EU date released
October 27, 2015
Teen (T) for Blood, Mild Language, and Violence
Halo 5: Guardians is an upcoming Halo game announced during Microsoft's E3 2013 presentation as the second chapter in the John-117 storyline of the Reclaimer Saga and the sequel to Halo 4. It is scheduled to be released on October 27, 2015.
Characters and SettingEdit
- Main article: Spartan Abilities
In Halo 5: Guardians, Armor Abilities are replaced with Spartan Abilities. Spartan Abilities are distinct from Armor Abilities, in that they are not limited by cooldowns or pickups. Rather, they are base player abilities which can be used by all at any time, similar to Dual Wielding or Boarding. The seven Spartan Abilities are:
- Thruster Pack: Similar to Thruster Pack from Halo 4, except now there is movement in any direction.
- Ground Pound: While in air, you can slam down into the ground, potentially killing anyone below.
- Clamber: If you miss a ledge, you can pull yourself up.
- Slide: While sprinting, you can slide.
- Charge: While sprinting, you can slam into an enemy.
- Sprint: Sprinting like in Halo 4, but after a certain amount of time, you will achieve the perfect velocity to activate the previous two abilities. Sprinting will stop shield recharge.
- Smart Scope: A zoom function that applies to all weapons. Each weapon has a different degree of zoom.
The campaign will be roughly twice as long as Halo 4's campaign.
|Battle of Sunaion|
Multiplayer in Halo 5: Guardians is split into two main play styles: the classic Arena experience, and the new 24-player game, Warzone. Big Team Battle will not be present in the game at launch, instead replaced with Warzone, however it will be supported post-launch. Spectator mode will be allowed within multiplayer matches. There will be over 20 multiplayer maps at the launch of Halo 5. At least an additional 15 maps will be added post launch, before June 2016.
Multiplayer Maps Edit
- BR85 Heavy Barrel Service Rifle
- Hydra MLRS
- M395 Designated Marksman Rifle
- M45D Tactical Shotgun
- M6H2 PDWS
- MA5D Individual Combat Weapon System
- M739 Light Machine Gun
- Asymmetric Recoilless Carbine-920
- Sniper Rifle System 99-Series 5 Anti-Matériel
- Unidentified Rocket Launcher Model
- Unidentified Spartan Laser Variant
- Unidentified Submachine Gun Model
- Prophets' Bane
- M41 Surface-to-Surface Rocket Medium Anti-Vehicle/Assault Weapon
- Kelly's Shotgun
- Linda's Sniper Rifle
- M6D Magnum (Unconfirmed)
- Type-32 Rapid Assault Vehicle
- Type-26 Ground Support Aircraft
- Unidentified Covenant ship classification (Simulation, first appearance)
- CCS-class battlecruiser
- Splendid Intention
- Type-56 Ground Support/Ultra Heavy Deployment Platform
- Unknown Spirit class
- Type-26 Assault Gun Carriage
- Type-44 Troop Carrier
|Features||Standard||Limited||Limited Collector's||Digital Deluxe|
|Standard game disc||Yes||No||No||No|
|Limited Edition game disc||No||Yes||Optional||No|
|14 day Xbox Live Gold trial||Yes||Yes||Yes||No|
|The Fall of Reach Animated Series||No||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|SPARTAN Locke's orders and dossiers on Blue Team and Fireteam Osiris.||No||Yes||Yes||No|
|Metal Guardian model||No||Yes||Yes||No|
|Commemorative statue of Master Chief and Agent Locke.||No||No||Yes||No|
The standard edition of the game includes the disk and a 14-day Xbox Live Gold trial, and is set to release October 27th, 2015.
The digital edition contains a digital download of the game, without a disk or game case.
- Main article: Halo 5: Guardians Limited Edition
Including collectible items such as a limited edition game disk and a steelbook case, the Halo 5: Guardians limited edition is available for pre-order before the release of the game. In addition to the limited edition case and disk, the bundle includes a 14-day Xbox Live trial, Halo: The Fall of Reach Animated Series, a Warzone REQ bundle, dossiers on Blue Team, Fireteam Osiris and SPARTAN Locke's orders, and finally a metal model of a Guardian. The edition costs $99.99.
Limited Collector's EditionEdit
- Main article: Halo 5: Guardians Limited Collector's Edition
The Halo 5: Guardians Limited Collector's Edition contains, in addition to the Limited Edition collectible content, a statue of Master Chief and Agent Locke. This statue can be pulled apart from its default state, to present the pair as enemies rather than a team like is presented by default. It costs $249.99.
Controversially, the Limited Collector's edition originally contained a digital download code rather than a physical disk. This was intended to allow purchasers of the Limited Collector's edition to pre-load the game. In response to a fan uproar at the lack of a disk, 343 Industries stated that they were looking for a 'solution' to satisfy those who want a disk. Later, they confirmed within a Halo Community Update that customers would be able to opt to have a disk rather than the default digital download code.
Digital Deluxe EditionEdit
- Main article: Halo 5: Guardians Digital Deluxe Edition
A Digital Deluxe edition was also available for pre-order before the game's release. It costs $89.99, and contains a digital download of the game itself, a REQ bundle, and Halo: The Fall of Reach Animated Series.
Xbox One RevealEdit
- “There was no ambiguity in not putting a number after the game. For me, what we showed wasn’t the game. Nobody should be confused on that. I didn’t really want to try to show something that was clearly a thought piece by the studio around where Master Chief is in his journey, and then drop the name after it and be somewhat disingenuous about that being the game. But I did want Bonnie [Ross] to come out and say 'First-person shooter. Master Chief.' Because they'll get the questions: 'Hey, is this ODST? What are you guys doing?' Bonnie [Ross] comes out and reaffirms that 343 is building this game. It’s Master Chief. It’s a first-person shooter at 60 frames per second. It’s coming in 2014.”— Phil Spencer, regarding the teaser trailer
On May 16, 2014, Bonnie Ross, General Manager of 343 Industries, announced on Xbox Wire that the Halo game will be named Halo 5: Guardians and will be released in Fall 2015. Bonnie also announced that Halo 5: Guardians will run on a new and more powerful engine.
Hunt the TruthEdit
- Main article: Hunt the Truth
On March 19, 2015, Frank O'Connor tweeted a link to a Tumblr page called Hunt the Truth. On the page, there was countdown that had ended on March 22, 2015 at 1:00am UTC and had an image of the word "Traitor" engraved onto a bullet. The page revealed to be about a journalist and war photographer, Benjamin Giraud, who is trying to find the truth about the Master Chief.
- The Halo 5: Guardians multiplayer beta was accessible through Halo: The Master Chief Collection.
- Exclusive content unlocked in Halo: The Master Chief Collection will carry over to Halo 5: Guardians.
- Halo 5's Theater mode writes replay files to the dedicated servers as the player is playing. These files can be accessed in real-time, enabling players to spectate others live.
- Halo 5's internal development codename was "Musketeers."
- Halo 5: Guardians is the first Halo first-person shooter to be given an ESRB rating of T.
- Main article: Halo 5: Guardians Teaser Trailer
E3 2014 Multiplayer Beta AnnouncementEdit
- Main article: Halo 5: Guardians Multiplayer Beta Trailer
Spartan Locke Armor SetEdit
- Main article: Halo 5: Guardians Spartan Locke Armor Set
Hunt the TruthEdit
- Main article: All Hail
- Main article: The Cost
- ↑ Sister ships are always the same class. The Undiminished Entelechy was, as such, a CCS-class battlecruiser, but simply substituted to be a different class in the simulations: "for captains and admirals alike who are looking to gain any tactical advantage they can, both on the ground and in space. How might the events of Alpha Halo have been different if the Fleet of Particular Justice had been made up of different ships in the Covenant arsenal?" - Grimbrother One, Canon Fodder
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 GameSpot - Xbox One Revealed
- ↑ NeoGAF - Frank O'Conner's post
- ↑ IGN - Halo 5: Guardians Release Date Announced
- ↑ Halo Waypoint - Clarity Regarding Halo 5: Guardians Online Co-op Access
- ↑ Gameinformer - July Cover Revealed, Halo 5: Guardians
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 6.3 Halo 5 final cover art, horizontal
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 7.2 GameInformer Issue 267, July 2015
- ↑ 8.00 8.01 8.02 8.03 8.04 8.05 8.06 8.07 8.08 8.09 8.10 8.11 Youtube: Halo 5: Guardians Campaign Trailer, and Co-op Gameplay [E3 2015] 1080p
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 Youtube: Halo 5 Warzone ViDoc
- ↑ Halo 5: Guardians - Halsey Render
- ↑ Youtube: Halo 5 ViDoc: A Hero Reborn
- ↑ 12.0 12.1 12.2 12.3 12.4 12.5 IGN: 15 Minutes of Halo 5 Warzone Multiplayer
- ↑ 13.0 13.1 13.2 13.3 13.4 13.5 13.6 Halo Waypoint: Cannon Fodder - Beta Late Than Never
- ↑ 14.0 14.1 14.2 14.3 Youtube: Halo 5: Guardians Spartan Locke Armor Set | 60 | GameStop
- ↑ 15.0 15.1 Halo 5: Guardians - Campaign Preview 14
- ↑ 16.0 16.1 16.2 16.3 16.4 16.5 Halo Waypoint: Canon Fodder - Conventional Warfare
- ↑ Halo Waypoint: Canon Fodder - Have S'moa (What is the name of Spartan Locke's armor variant? Spartan Locke is currently equipped with the MJOLNIR GEN2 Hunter variant)
- ↑ Twitter - Quinn DelHoyo
- ↑ Twitter - Bonnie Ross
- ↑ 20.0 20.1 20.2 20.3 20.4 20.5 20.6 Youtube: Halo 5: Guardians Beta - All 7 Spartan Abilities (Smart Scope, Charge, Etc.)
- ↑ Youtube: Halo 5 Guardians: New Gameplay Footage - IGN Live: Gamescom 2015
- ↑ IGN - Big Team Battle Will Not Be in Halo 5 Multiplayer At Launch
- ↑ Youtube: Halo 5: Guardians - EPIC Competitive Features Revealed
- ↑ Youtube: Halo 5: Guardians - 35 Maps Confirmed, DLC Free, BIG Sandbox
- ↑ 25.0 25.1 25.2 25.3 25.4 Team Beyond - HALO 5: GUARDIANS BETA SCHEDULE ANNOUNCED
- ↑ 26.0 26.1 Twitter - Josh Holmes
- ↑ Youtube: Halo 5 Forge - "Time Of Day" Gadget Confirmed? Orion Walkthrough!
- ↑ 28.0 28.1 Twitter - Josh Holmes
- ↑ 29.0 29.1 Halo Waypoint: Halo 5: Guardians, Halo 5: Guardians Beta
- ↑ Halo Channel - The Sprint, Episode 3
- ↑ Gamespot - Halo 5 New Warzone Map Is Biggest Ever, Inspired By Original Halo
- ↑ Youtube: Halo 5: Guardians Beta Gameplay - "Empire" (Slayer)
- ↑ Youtube: HALO 5 Gamescom | Full Segment | 1080p
- ↑ 34.0 34.1 34.2 34.3 34.4 Youtube: - Halo 5: Guardians Multiplayer Beta First Look
- ↑ Youtube: Halo 5: Guardians Beta - Weapons In Halo 5 (Secret Weapon)
- ↑ This Screenshot of a player zoomed into the magnum in the Halo 5: Guardians Multiplayer Beta.
- ↑ Halo 5: Guardians - SAW Render
- ↑ Halo 5: Guardians - Railgun Render
- ↑ Halo Waypoint - Halo Championship Series - Promotional Image
- ↑ Halo Waypoint – Universe – SMG
- ↑ Halo 5: Guardians - Campaign Preview 2
- ↑ Halo 5: Guardians - Carbine Render
- ↑ Halo 5: Guardians - Fuel Rod Gun Render
- ↑ Halo 5: Guardians multiplayer beta - Empire 5
- ↑ Youtube - IGN, 15 Minutes of Halo 5 Warzone Multiplayer
- ↑ Youtube - Halo 5: Guardians - Prophets Bane" Sword, and "Breakout" Gamemode
- ↑ "Bring back the SPNKr Rocket Launcher as a legendary version of the weapon" - Halo Waypoint - Blogs - How Fans Helped Shape the Multiplayer of Halo 5: Guardians
- ↑ 48.0 48.1 48.2 The Sprint - Season 2 - Episode 3: Warzone Wednesday
- ↑ Youtube: Halo 5: Beta - Epic Things You Can Do in Spectator Mode
- ↑ Youtube: Halo 5: Guardians Warzone Multiplayer E3 2015 Trailer
- ↑ Microsoft Store - Halo 5: Guardians - Limited Edition
- ↑ Microsoft Store - Halo 5: Guardians - Limited Collector's Edition
- ↑ Game Stop - Fans Upset $250 Halo 5 CE Only Includes Digital Copy, But 343 Exploring Solutions
- ↑ Halo Waypoint - Halo Community Update 7.17.15
- ↑ Xbox Store - Halo 5: Guardians - Digital Deluxe Edition
- ↑ IGN - Microsoft on Halo 5, Halo 2 Anniversary
- ↑ Xbox Wire - The Halo Journey
- ↑ Twitter - Frank O'Connor @franklez: The countdown is on http://huntthetruth.tumblr.com/ #Halo5 #HUNTtheTRUTH
- ↑ 59.0 59.1 Tumblr - HUNT the TRUTH
- ↑ YouTube - Xbox E3 2014 Media Briefing: Halo
- ↑ Halo Waypoint - Halo 5: Guardians
- ↑ YouTube - Halo 5: Guardians GAMEPLAY - E3 2015 Interview
- ↑ YouTube - Halo 5 ViDoc: A Hero Reborn