|This article may not meet Halo Nation's standards. You can help by cleaning this article.|
Recently, leaked scans of the manual were released. It is unclear who was responsible for the leak, but it is possible Bungie leaked the information to further promote Halo 3 without revealing anything new.
It appears that all the in-game controls are the same as those in the Halo 3 Beta, with the addition of Up on the D-Pad being the flashlight in campaign. The controls reveal new features in the saved film and forge modes.
A sample of the manual's contents can be found at http://www.microsoft.com/silverlight/halo3.aspx
- Avery Johnson appears to have a lighter skin tone than he did in Halo: Combat Evolved and Halo 2.
- Cortana appears purple like she did in Halo: Combat Evolved, even though she appeared blue in Halo 2.
- Unggoy, Yanme'e, and Kig-Yar seem to have had major aesthetic overhauls and the Covenant name for the San'Shyuum race, San' Shyuum, has been revealed.
- The Beam Rifle, the Carbine, and the M6G Magnum have their ammo counts wrong. The Beam Rifle only has 10 shots, instead of 18. The Carbine is claimed to have 36 when it is really 18. The Magnum is claimed to have 12 rounds when it really is 8.
- The Mauler, Gravity Hammer, Fuel Rod Gun, the Sentinel Beam, the Flamethrower, and the Incendiary grenade are missing from the manual.