Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Halo 3 Epsilon is an internal-only Halo 3 build. It was released to Microsoft employees as of August 10, 2007, and featured Campaign (both single-player and cooperative gameplay) on the level Tsavo Highway, as well as Forge and multiplayer on six maps: Epitaph, High Ground, Last Resort, Sandtrap, Snowbound, and Valhalla.
Halo 3 Epsilon was confirmed to some degree later on August 10, 2007 by Bungie Studios on a Bungie Podcast. Microsoft employees, Xbox.com representatives, and the Bungie Studios staff have been playing it, and Bungie employees used this build to finish the final details of the game. It was over on August 29, 2007, when Halo 3 went gold.
Epsilon had several features not seen in the game, such as being able to spawn Shade turrets and Deployable Lookout Towers in Forge. This can be seen in older Halo 3 leaked footage, and the two aforementioned items have been modded into some multiplayer maps, all of them part of the Epsilon set.
- An anonymous US gamer using the gamertag "Scar" managed to unwittingly download Halo 3 Epsilon. He played the game with his console connected to Xbox Live, and quickly came to the attention of Microsoft. In September 2007, his gamertag and console account were banned from Xbox Live until December 31, 9999.
- In the Halo 3 Epsilon version of Tsavo Highway, Sergeant Stacker's radio com emits no static. This may be because it wasn't added in until later, or was perhaps a minor glitch Bungie was still attempting to fix.
- ↑ http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=12208127
- ↑ Bungie Podcast, 8-10-07
- ↑ http://www.gamingtalkhq.com/