|This article may not meet Halo Nation's standards. You can help by cleaning this article.|
|Halo 2: The Official Strategy Guide|
November 9, 2004
Developed on-site at Bungie studios and written over four months by the elite Piggyback team, this guide includes an encyclopedic appraisal of Halo 2's multiplayer mode; a full, highly accessible walkthrough for the epic Campaign mode; and everything on basic play. In its 224 pages you'll find:
- Detailed annotated maps: outwit multiplayer opponents with your intimate knowledge of level architecture
- Study all features of multiplayer maps, from power-up locations to "secret" areas, attack routes, and more
- Includes an exhaustive rundown of preset and custom game types—design your own multiplayer match and attract the best crowd
- Features hundreds of digital screenshots to illustrate key points
- Packed with tips, tactics, and techniques from the Bungie team
- Learn about every adversary, vehicle, and weapon—their strengths and shortcomings and how you can exploit these
- Confidently negotiate the huge Campaign mode with our exclusive maps and step-by-step walkthrough
- Designed to enhance the Halo 2 experience for newcomers and Halo: Combat Evolved veterans alike
- Before the release of Halo 2, the page for it at Xbox.com was made to look as though it were a series of screens at the helm of a Covenant ship, complete with a Covenant language made of triangular shapes. The Game Guide uses a few of these characters to denote the placement of Covenant vehicles on their maps.
- Instead of showing it as a circular arrow, the reloading signal on page 13 depicts it as three bullets.
- A misprint in the strategy guide mistakenly called the Enforcer a "Sentinel Major" on page 119. However, it stated that the Covenant called it "Enforcer" on page 118.
- Another misprint in the strategy guide calls a Brute Plasma Rifle a Brute Plasma Pistol on page 46. A third misprint is on page 30, in which the Fuel Rod Gun is incorrectly labeled as the Fuel Rod Cannon.
- The book wrongly prints that there are achievements in Halo 2, while they are only in Halo 2 Vista.
- On the Contents page, it shows that John-117 is about to kill a Jiralhanae on Earth, which comes from the Halo 2 E3 Demo.
- On page 110, there is a Sangheili Honor Guard with Sangheili Minor armor.
- On page 7, there is a misprint that say the MJOLNIR Mk VI was upgraded, instead of John-117's armor being upgraded to Mk VI.
- On page 41, it says that a Unggoy Minor's armor is yellow, when in fact it is orange.
In the below table:
|Levels that are mentioned in the Book|
|Halo 2 Campaign||The Heretic | The Armory (MC) | Cairo Station (MC) | Outskirts (MC) | Metropolis (MC) | The Arbiter (A) | The Oracle (A) | Delta Halo (MC) | Regret (MC) | Sacred Icon (A) | Quarantine Zone (A) | Gravemind (MC) | Uprising (A) | High Charity (MC) | The Great Journey (A)|
|Halo 2 Multiplayer||Ascension | Beaver Creek | Burial Mounds | Coagulation | Colossus | Headlong | Ivory Tower | Lockout | Midship | Waterworks | Zanzibar|
|Books of Halo|
|Main series||The Fall of Reach • The Flood • First Strike • Ghosts of Onyx • Contact Harvest • The Cole Protocol|
|The Forerunner Saga||Cryptum • Primordium • Silentium (Rebirth)|
|Kilo-Five trilogy||Glasslands • The Thursday War • Mortal Dictata|
|Novellas||Halo: New Blood • Halo: Shadow of Intent|
|Others||Halo: Broken Circle • Halo: Hunters in the Dark • Halo: Last Light • Halo: Saint’s Testimony|
|Reference||The Art of Halo • The Art of Halo 3 • Encyclopedia (2009) • The Essential Visual Guide • The Art of Building Worlds • The Art of Halo 4 • Halo 4: The Essential Visual Guide|
|Official Guides||Halo: Combat Evolved • Halo 2 • Halo 3 • Halo Wars • Halo 3: ODST • Halo: Reach • Halo 4|
|Miscellaneous||Black Art of Halo Mods|