Halo 2: Anniversary is a remastered version of Halo 2 and features extra content, high-definition resolution, and remastered audio and graphics. It was released on November 11, 2014, as part of the Halo: The Master Chief Collection for the Xbox One. 343 Industries currently has no plans to make Halo 2: Anniversary a standalone game as Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary was.
In Halo 2: Anniversary, Halo 2's campaign has been fully remastered by Saber Interactive. The studio recorded new sound effects, and the original soundtrack was re-recorded with music arranged by Kazuma Jinnouchi and recorded by the San Francisco Symphony.
Blur Studio, the studio who created the CGI cinematics for Halo Wars, created new CGI animations for using motion capture technology. In addition, they created a new prologue and an epilogue for the game which ties in to the events of Halo 5: Guardians.
|The Heretic||"For failure such as this, no punishment is too great." (cutscene)|
|The Armory||"Suit up, prepare for battle." (tutorial)|
|Cairo Station||"Defend the station's MAC gun from Covenant boarders."|
|Outskirts||"Rally scattered marines, clear hostile contacts from the old-city."|
|Metropolis||"Take the bridge, break the Covenant's grip on the city-center."|
|The Arbiter||"Infiltrate a Forerunner facility, quell the heresy within."|
|The Oracle||"Kill the Heretic Leader. The Prophets' will be done."|
|Delta Halo||"A Covenant army stands between you and Regret. Get to work."|
|Regret||"You heard the lady. Locate the Prophet, take him down."|
|Sacred Icon||"Succeed where others have failed. Lower the shield protecting the Sacred Icon."|
|Quarantine Zone||"Parasites, humans - no matter. The Icon must be found."|
|Gravemind||"The Prophets have the Index and plan to use it? Over your dead body."|
|Uprising||"This is certain: The Brutes shall pay for the blood they have spilled."|
|High Charity||"Cortana can handle the Index - stopping Truth is up to you."|
|The Great Journey||"Form an unexpected alliance, keep Tartarus from activating the ring."|
Six Halo 2 competitive multiplayer maps were reimagined in an engine modified specifically for the Xbox One and adjusted to mimic Halo 2's original gameplay. All six new maps feature new dynamic elements and Forge support. Many new weapons, powerups, vehicles and gametypes have been added, including the Assault Rifle, Suppressed SMG, M274-M Gungoose, and Speed Boost.
|Bloodline (Coagulation Anniversary)|
|Lockdown (Lockout Anniversary)|
|Shrine (Sanctuary Anniversary)|
|Stonetown (Zanzibar Anniversary)|
|Warlord (Warlock Anniversary)|
|Zenith (Ascension Anniversary)|
|Awash (Forge Canvas)|
|Nebula (Forge Canvas, Impact Skybox)|
|Skyward (Forge Canvas, Zenith Skybox)|
|Remnant (Relic Anniversary, free DLC released in May 2015)|
All of Halo 2's gametypes will be included, as well as the following additional ones:
- Unlike in Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary, Halo 2: Anniversary's switch from classic to remastered is instant.
- The majority of the game's assets were not remade in a manner similar to Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary, where the original designs were replaced with the newer contemporary designs seen in later Halo titles. The game instead features newer, more advanced models made using the designs used in the original game.
- Main article: Halo: The Master Chief Collection Terminal Trailer
- Main article: Halo 2: Anniversary Cinematic Trailer
Cinematic Launch TrailerEdit
- Main article: Halo 2: Anniversary Cinematic Launch Trailer
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 IGN - E3 2014: Halo: The Master Chief Collection, Halo 5 Beta Announced for Xbox One
- ↑ Amazon.co.uk - Halo: The Master Chief Collection
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 YouTube - New Halo: Master Chief Collection Info and Gameplay - E3 2014
- ↑ YouTube - Xbox E3 2014 Media Briefing: Halo
- ↑ Halo Waypoint - Halo: The Master Chief Collection
- ↑ Xbox Video - Remaking the Legend – Halo 2: Anniversary
- ↑ IGN - The Horse You Rode In On (A Master Chief Collection Story)
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 YouTube - Halo: The Master Chief Collection Panel - RTX 2014 33:59
- ↑ Venturebeat: Understanding Halo: The Master Chief Collection (FAQ) — playlists, Forge, control schemes, and more