| This article is about upcoming material. Editors must cite sources for all contributions to this article. Edits that do not follow this standard will be reverted without notice.|
|Halo 5: Guardians|
US date released
Rating Pending (RP)
Xbox One RevealEdit
- “There was no ambiguity in not putting a number after the game. For me, what we showed wasn’t the game. Nobody should be confused on that. I didn’t really want to try to show something that was clearly a thought piece by the studio around where Master Chief is in his journey, and then drop the name after it and be somewhat disingenuous about that being the game. But I did want Bonnie [Ross] to come out and say 'First-person shooter. Master Chief.' Because they'll get the questions: 'Hey, is this ODST? What are you guys doing?' Bonnie [Ross] comes out and reaffirms that 343 is building this game. It’s Master Chief. It’s a first-person shooter at 60 frames per second. It’s coming in 2014.”— Phil Spencer, regarding the teaser trailer
On May 16, 2014, Bonnie Ross, General Manager of 343 Industries, announced on Xbox Wire that the Halo game will be named Halo 5: Guardians and will be released in Fall 2015. Bonnie also announced that Halo 5: Guardians will run on a new and more powerful engine.
- Armor Abilities will not be present in Halo 5: Guardians. The "new Spartan abilities" mentioned in the Halo 5: Guardians multiplayer beta announcement trailer are not Armor Abilities. Each ability can be used by all. They are:
- Thruster Pack: Similar to Thruster Pack from Halo 4, except now there is movement in any direction
- Ground Pound: While in air, you can slam down into the ground, potentially killing anyone below
- Clamber: If you miss a ledge, you can pull yourself up
- Slide: While sprinting, you can slide
- Charge: While sprinting, you can slam into an enemy
- Sprint: Sprinting like in Halo 4, but after a certain amount of time, you will achieve the perfect velocity to activate the previous two abilities. Sprinting will stop shield recharge.
- Smart Scope: A zoom function that applies to all weapons. Each weapon has a different degree of zoom
- Jameson Locke will be a playable character in Halo 5: Guardians.
Multiplayer Maps Edit
- MA5D Individual Combat Weapon System
- BR85HB SR Battle Rifle
- M395 Designated Marksman Rifle
- M7/Caseless Submachine Gun
- Sniper Rifle System 99-S5 Anti-Matériel
- Unidentified Rocket Launcher Model
- Type-1 Energy Weapon/Sword
- M6C Personal Defense Weapon System
- Z-250 Directed Energy Engagement Weapon
- M45D Tactical Shotgun
- According to Microsoft Studios' Phil Spencer, "while we originally said 'trilogy,' we've actually expanded this to more of a saga, so we don't want to limit the Reclaimer story within a trilogy."
- This will be the first main Halo game to be released on the Xbox One.
- The Halo 5: Guardians multiplayer beta will be accessible through Halo: The Master Chief Collection.
- Exclusive content unlocked in Halo: The Master Chief Collection will carry over to Halo 5: Guardians.
E3 2013 TrailerEdit
E3 2014 TrailerEdit
- Main article: Halo 5: Guardians Teaser Trailer
E3 2014 Multiplayer Beta AnnouncementEdit
- Main article: Halo 5: Guardians Multiplayer Beta Trailer
- ↑ This mode name has been constantly confused with the map Breakout in fan and official reports. This can be best seen in video versus the official page. As such, the name of the mode is not certainly clear and could change at anytime. The name choices are based off of Halo Waypoint's page stating the map name.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 GameSpot - Xbox One Revealed
- ↑ IGN - Microsoft on Halo 5, Halo 2 Anniversary
- ↑ Xbox Wire - The Halo Journey
- ↑ Twitter - Bonnie Ross
- ↑ Twitter - Quinn DelHoyo
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 6.3 6.4 6.5 6.6 Youtube: Halo 5: Guardians Beta - All 7 Spartan Abilities (Smart Scope, Charge, Etc.)
- ↑ IGN - SDCC 2014: Agent Locke Playable in Halo 5: Guardians
- ↑ HaloGAF - Halo 5 main protagonist is Agent Locke;playing as the "primary character", says actor View Single Post
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 9.2 Halo Waypoint: Halo 5: Guardians, Halo 5: Guardians Beta
- ↑ Youtube: Halo 5: Guardians Multiplayer Beta: Behind the Scenes
- ↑ Youtube: Halo 5: Guardians Beta Gameplay - "Empire" (Slayer)
- ↑ 12.0 12.1 12.2 12.3 12.4 Youtube: - Halo 5: Guardians Multiplayer Beta First Look
- ↑ Youtube - Halo 5: Guardians - Prophets Bane" Sword, and "Breakout" Gamemode
- ↑ Youtube: Halo 5: Guardians Beta Gameplay - "Crossfire" (Breakout Gamemode)
- ↑ This screenshot
- ↑ Youtube: Halo 5: Guardians Beta - Weapons In Halo 5 (Secret Weapon)
- ↑ GameSpot - The new Halo "Reclaimer" trilogy is no longer a trilogy. Now a "saga."
- ↑ YouTube - Xbox E3 2014 Media Briefing: Halo
- ↑ Halo Waypoint - Halo 5: Guardians
|Halo trilogy||Halo: Combat Evolved (Anniversary) • Halo 2 (Anniversary) • Halo 3|
|Reclaimer Saga||Halo 4 • Halo: Spartan Assault • Halo: Spartan Strike|
|Upcoming games||Halo 5: Guardians • Halo 6|
|Other games||Halo Wars • Halo 3: ODST • Halo: Reach|
|Multiplayer expansions||Halo Custom Edition • Halo 2 Multiplayer Map Pack • Halo 3: Mythic|
|Ports||Halo PC • Halo 2 Vista|
|Collections||Halo: The Master Chief Collection|
|Bundles||Halo Triple Pack • Halo Origins Bundle|
|Cancelled titles||Halo: Chronicles • Halo MMO • Halo DS|