- “This is a more character-driven piece, and its also about a planet that everyone knows will fall, and falls to the Covenant. So its a more somber, more visceral introduction to the game that we're making.”
The Halo: Reach Original Soundtrack was released in stores September 28, 2010, and was distributed via iTunes and Sumthing Digital on September 14. There are a total of 20 tracks in the two-disk set.
The Reach OST is also the last time O'Donnell and Salvatori collaborated and composed original music for a Halo game.
The soundtrack was composed by C. Paul Johnson, Ivan Ives, Martin O'Donnell, and Michael Salvatori, and published by Sumthing Distribution. In a press release, O'Donnell called it a "culmination of our efforts."
Upon release online, the soundtrack held the #1 spot on Amazon’s MP3 Soundtracks chart and the #3 position on iTunes. G4TV stated that it was "like a well placed sniper round through a CQB helmet, the soundtrack album for Halo: Reach is bang on target as a listening experience; enjoyable from start to finish."
- ↑ 1UP.com: Halo Reach VGA Interview
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Bungie.net: Bungie Weekly Update: 8/27/10
- ↑ Digital Spy: Halo: Reach' music CD coming next week
- ↑ Sumthing Digital: Halo Reach: Original Soundtrack
- ↑ Joystiq: Sumthing Else releasing Halo: Reach soundtrack
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 G4TV: Halo: Reach Soundtrack Review