Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- “Once, on my birth-world, a world I knew as Erde-Tyrene, and which now is called Earth, my name was Chakas...”— Halo: Primordium
- “I’m having great fun working through the action and growing mysteries in Halo: Primordium, as humans engage in an epic odyssey across a damaged, war-torn Halo, facing the Flood, rogue AIs, and the stunning testament of the last Precursor...”— Greg Bear
Set primarily on the "rogue" Halo ring Installation 07 used by Mendicant Bias during the events of Halo: Cryptum, the novel follows the journey of the humans Chakas and Morning Riser, former companions of Bornstellar-Makes-Eternal-Lasting. After crash-landing on the Halo ring during Mendicant Bias' assault on the capital, they discover it has been used by the Master Builder's researchers to conduct research on humans. They are forced to make their way across the embattled Halo installation, facing the Flood and rogue A.I. constructs on the way, while the Precursors' ancient plan of vengeance against the Forerunners is revealed. During their journey, they find their way into the Palace of Pain, the lair of the ancient entity known as the Timeless One, which has unleashed The Flood on the Master Builder's researchers on the installation. Mendicant Bias will also play a major role in the story.
Frank O'Connor has mentioned that the story is "closer to the ground" than that of Cryptum, and that it will have "resonant connections" to Halo 4. Greg Bear has hinted at a connection between John-117 and one of the novel's human characters. He also confirmed that the novel will explore the Precursors' plan, and that it may cover events that occurred up to three billion years before the events of Halo: Combat Evolved.
- 032 Mendicant Bias
- 343 Guilty Spark
- Day-Chaser Makes Paths Long-stretch Morning Riser
- The Primordial
- Genemender Folder of Fortune
- Yprin Yprikushma
- A primordium is an aggregation of cells that is the first stage in the development of an organ or tissue. It is also a derivation of the term Primordial, which is a title given to the last Precursor.
- The cover art on this book is early Halo 4 concept art.
- In the left part of the cover four small figures, possibly humans, can be seen standing on a ledge overlooking Forerunner structures.
- The Audio Book is read by Timothy Dadabo, who is also the voice of 343 Guilty Spark.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Tor.com - Tor Books Reveals Second Halo Novel by Greg Bear
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Halo Waypoint - Tor Books Reveals Title, Cover Art, and Release Date of Second Halo Novel by Greg Bear
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 YouTube: SDCC 2011: Halo Universe Panel Part 1
- ↑ Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
- ↑ Greg Bear - Discussion Board - Halo Cryptum question