The Hail to the King medal is a Halo 3, Halo: Reach and Halo 4 Multiplayer Medal awarded during a King of the Hill match for killing 5 opponents in a row from inside the hill before it moves to another location in the map.
It is represented by a steel four-pointed star with a blue crown in the middle.
- The name is probably a reference to Ash from "Army of Darkness" (Evil Dead 3), as the phrase is one of his most famous catchphrases.
- The name may also be a reference to another video game character who fights aliens, Duke Nukem, who uses it as his catchphrase.
- This is the only spree medal without a corresponding 10-kill medal.
- In the Halo Reach Beta, this medal had no image for it.
- This medal is much more easily gained in Mosh Pit than in Crazy King, because the Hill won't move, everyone in the Hill is stronger, and the person in the Hill can kill people outside the Hill and still get the medal. Another way of getting this award is if you have a Energy Sword, Shotgun, Noob Combo or Mauler and an Overshield and just get some kills.