Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Gorgon-class heavy destroyer was a starship used by the UNSC.
The first Heavy Destroyer introduced into UNSC service, the Gorgon-class, would also be the first to include a Magnetic Accelerator Cannon, a weapon that would later become standard armament. By comparison, later ships would be much better armed, but at the time the MAC was still a new piece of technology. The first ship of the class was commanded by Preston J. Cole, and used to engage the Bellicose.
Ships of the lineEdit
- While the exact class is not mentioned, the UNSC Gorgon is stated to be the first of the class. Naval classifications take the name for the ship series after the name of the first ship, thus making ships built with the same design as the Gorgon members of the Gorgon-class.
- It is quite possible that the destroyer that appeared in Halo Wars: Genesis could actually be a ship of this class as it is a more primitive than a design like the UNSC The Heart of Midlothian. This would be consistent with the evolution of ships over time.
- Halo: Evolutions - Essential Tales of the Halo Universe
- ↑ Halo: Evolutions - Essential Tales of the Halo Universe, The Impossible Life and the Possible Death of Preston J. Cole, page 447
- ↑ Halo: Evolutions - Essential Tales of the Halo Universe - The Impossible Life and Possible Death of Preston J. Cole