The Gúta, pronounced "Gueta," is a gigantic bipedal species native to the planet Reach. Severe aggression is rare, outside mating males or females with young. Even so, it is an extremely dangerous animal.
- On a player's career stats at Bungie.net, the Gúta is listed as "mule." Instead of listing a rank, the entry simply says, "No hugging." The "Mule" nickname is an internal name used by Bungie employees.
- Unlike killing Moa, killing a Gúta awards the player points in campaign scoring.
- Several ideas were formed around the Gúta, but were ultimately cut from the game. Among these ideas were Gúta being used as battle-mounts by Elites and Grunts, Gúta that were equipped with mounted weapons, and the ability for the player to "hijack" the Gúta and plant a grenade in its mouth.
- The Gúta was originally set to be in several campaign missions in addition to Nightfall. Due to resource constraints, this level features the only two Gúta in the game.
- The Gúta can survive two direct sniper shots to the cranium before dying.
- ↑ Bungie.net: Halo: Reach - Enemies
- ↑ IGN.com: Deep Into the Halo: Reach Campaign: "The Gueta, a gigantic troll-like beast… well you might want to make sure you have some firepower on hand when these guys rumble through."
- ↑ B.net classification
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 Halo: Reach Legendary Edition, Developer Commentary