Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Not much is known about the weaponry, shielding or combat capabilities of these ships. The planetside docking towers for the ships can detach from the ground, and can be used in space combat with the ships attached. It is still unknown what role the docking towers play in combat or how they affect the ships' functions, possibly enhancing their combat capabilities in battle or simply serving as refit platforms. It appears that when the ships are used in groups, one of the docking towers is used as a flagship of sorts, with two ships attached to it. In one instance, this "flagship" is situated in the center of a circular group of ships that concentrate their energy beams into the central ship, which then fires a devastating single beam capable of slicing other ships in two.
These warships were common during the Forerunner-Flood war, used widely in combat operations. Among numerous other docking facilities around Forerunner-controlled space, these ships were docked at the Apex Installation, located on Shield 0459.
During the Human-Covenant war in 2531, the High Prophet of Regret and the Arbiter went to the Apex to gather a massive and powerful invasion fleet for the Covenant Navy. In order to release the locking mechanisms holding the ships in place, they needed a Reclaimer. Thus, they abducted Professor Anders to activate it for them. The ships were destroyed when the artificial star inside the Shield World went supernova.
- Parts of these ships can be seen on the outer surface of Shield 0459 in Halo Wars, suggesting that a battle may have occurred between the Forerunners and the Flood on the Shield World during the Forerunner-Flood war, resulting in the installation's infestation by the Flood.
- These ships have a slight resemblance to some large structures found on the Ark.
- When the cutscene "Judgment Day" is highlighted in Halo Wars theater, the ships are described as Forerunner dreadnoughts. While the only remaining Keyship is widely referred to as the Forerunner dreadnought, the name "Dreadnought" may refer to a class of ships rather than a specific type. It may also be that "Dreadnought" is not an official designation at all and that the term is simply used to describe the massive scale of the ships.
- These ships are also seen in Halo Legends episode Origins Part One.
- Halo 3
- Terminals (First mentioned)
- Halo Wars (First appearance)
- Halo Legends
- Halo: Silentium