|Date of death|
|Chronological and political information|
This Grunt is found cowering on the edge of a cliff right before the player goes down the ramp to leap into the ship, UNSC Forward Unto Dawn's hangar in the level Halo in Halo 3. As the player reaches a white rock arch, turn the vehicle slowly to the right and a narrow pathway will be visible. At the end of the pathway is the Grunt. If the player approaches him, he will say:
|Hey, Demon! The jerk store called, and they're all out of you! Poor you, stolen at the age of six and conscripted into the military, waaaaaah! Okay look, if you let me live, I got the Fist of Rukt. Look, I'll be at the bottom. I'll polish your boots. I'll polish your helmet! It's the gas, haha! When I'm on the gas, I don't know what I'm doing half the time!|
However, discovering the Final Grunt may leave the player unable to complete the end of the level as the platforms would have broken apart, thus rendering no possible route available to reach the Forward Unto Dawn.
- The "Jerk Store" joke is a reference to a joke on the American sitcom Seinfeld, in which George, one of the four main characters, tries, and fails, to make a witty comeback at a fellow co-worker.
- The Fist of Rukt is the Gravity Hammer used by former Brute Chieftain Tartarus, which was lost to the Brutes after he was killed on Delta Halo by the Arbiter & Johnson.
- This has a striking relationship with the Thirsty Grunt which is located in the last level of Halo: Combat Evolved.
- With the IWHBYD Skull activated, players can hear normal Grunts say part of the quote on other levels, usually The Covenant, The Ark or Sierra 117.
- On single player, the Arbiter will fire the Warthog's chaingun at the Final Grunt, preventing you from hearing the quote. However, if you park the Warthog somewhere where Thel 'Vadam cannot see the Unggoy (before Thel sees and kills the Unggoy), you can go over to where the Grunt is at and can hear his quote.
- If the Final Grunt is killed while saying his dialogue, his dead body will carry on speaking. If he is knocked off the edge however, you will stop hearing him.
- Halo 3 (First appearance)