The F-41 Exoatmospheric Multirole Strike Fighter, also known as the Broadsword, is a versatile and well armed multi-role A/X strike fighter.
In 2554, the Budgetary Retention Hearings declared that Spartan pilots must wear Mjolnir Powered Assault Armor/Aviator armor when using the Broadsword. This year also saw the introduction to the F-41E variant of the Broadsword.
Several Broadswords were present at the commissioning of the UNSC Infinity.
As its kind has few equals within the UNSC's arsenal, the Broadsword was designed to address the incredible firepower and speed displayed by the fighters of the Covenant such as the Seraph and Space Banshee.
|N/A||F-41E||A variant introduced in 2554. It included upgrades that couldn't be implemented during the Human-Covenant war. This included shielding, reworked Titanium-A paneling, and sensors that can process hundreds of targets. The shielding was influenced by the Sabre that covers the entire fighter and designed to withstand a direct hit from a pulse laser and added after 2552. These shields however are not rated for slipspace travel.|
|N/A||F-41D||A variant introduced sometime prior to October 2552. Cairo Station could hold ten.|
- This fighter is named after a sword like most of the UNSC fighters, such as the B-65 Shortsword, GA-TL1 Longsword and YSS-1000 Sabre
- The Broadsword may be the successor of the Sabre as they seem to have similar roles and design.
- The Broadsword makes an appearance in the second-half of Spartan Ops Season One, as seen in the trailer.
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 Halo 4: The Essential Visual Guide - page 114
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 Halo: Warfleet – An Illustrated Guide to the Spacecraft of Halo - page 28
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Halo 4 - Map: Landfall
- ↑ Halo Waypoint (Xbox 360 App): Halo 4 Intel - Armor - Armor Types - Aviator
- ↑ Halo 4 - Promotional Material: The Commissioning
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Halo 4 - Level: Infinity
- ↑ Halo 4 - Level: Reclaimer
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 Halo 4 - Level: Midnight
- ↑ Spartan Ops - Episode 1: Departure
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 Halo: Warfleet – An Illustrated Guide to the Spacecraft of Halo - pages 30 & 31
- ↑ Halo 4: Official Game Guide - page 60
- ↑ Halo 4 - Level: Composer