The F-41 Exoatmospheric Multirole Strike Fighter, also known as the Broadsword, is a versatile and well armed A/X strike fighter typically used to engage space craft of equal or superior weapon capabilities and evasive flight capabilities in low to zero gravity conditions.
Several Broadswords were present at the commissioning of the UNSC Infinity.
The Broadsword saw active duty during the First Battle of Requiem in defense of the crashed UNSC Infinity, and some patrols when the UNSC destroyed the Gravity Well Generator. John-117 used one of the Broadswords from Ivanoff Research Station to breach the Mantle's Approach during the New Phoenix Incident.
As its kind has few equals within the UNSC's arsenal, the Broadsword was designed to address the incredible firepower and speed displayed by the fighters of the Covenant such as the Seraph and Space Banshee. The Broadswords shielding was influenced by the Sabre that covers the entire fighter and designed to withstand a direct hit from a pulse laser and likely added after 2552. These shields however are not rated for slipspace travel. The ship can operate in multiple environments such as space and in-atmosphere.
- This fighter is named after a sword like most of the UNSC fighters, such as the B-65 Shortsword, GA-TL1 Longsword and YSS-1000 Sabre
- The Broadsword may be the successor of the Sabre as they seem to have similar roles and design.
- The Broadsword makes an appearance in the second-half of Spartan Ops Season One, as seen in the trailer.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 1.8 Halo 4: The Essential Visual Guide - page 114
- ↑ Halo 4 - Map: Landfall
- ↑ Halo Waypoint (Xbox 360 App): Halo 4 Intel - Armor - Armor Types - Aviator
- ↑ Halo 4 - Promotional Material: The Commissioning
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Halo 4 - Level: Infinity
- ↑ Halo 4 - Level: Reclaimer
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 Halo 4 - Level: Midnight
- ↑ Spartan Ops - Episode 1: Departure
- ↑ Halo 4: Official Game Guide - page 60
- ↑ Halo 4 - Level: Composer