Sometime in the 2400s, the East African Protectorate tried a number of high capital projects like Wind Power Station 7 based on Zanzibar Island in an attempt of re-nationalization. Part of this re-nationalization included creating the Global Water Campaign, which involved the building of many different water purification plants.
Battle of EarthEdit
- Main article: Battle of Earth
On October 20, 2552, the Prophet of Regret had arrived at Earth. Regret's flagship, the Solemn Penance was the sole ship to brake through orbital defensive lines. It ended up resting above New Mombasa while Regret was in search of The Artifact. The Prophet then entered into Slipspace, while in the city, to Installation 05. The closing of slipspace portal caused the New Mombasa Orbital Elevator to become very weak and eventually collapse. The resulting wreckage would end up spreading out across huge swaths of the Kenyan savannah.
After Regret's failed attack, the Prophet of Truth's fleet immediately began to reinforce the remaining forces over Africa. They began assaulting UNSC bases around the country such as Crow's Nest. As well, they also began to excavate The Artifact from beneath the cities of Voi and New Mombasa. When the portal opened, a Flood infected Indulgence of Conviction, hit Voi, causing the human allied Fleet of Retribution to glass part of the country and other parts of the continent.
As part of Project Rebirth, the old city hall thoroughfare in Mombasa was to be transformed into the UNSC Memorial Park. Following the death or disappearance of John-117, members of the EAP would donate gold ores to help build a statue to him in the park.
By the 2500s, the geography of the East African Protectorate had changed. The inland city of Voi was a water-based port. The Mombasa area had changed too with the widening of the Tudor Creek and Kilindini Port.
- ↑ Halo Waypoint: Universe - New Mombasa
- ↑ Halo 2 - Map: Zanzibar
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Halo Waypoint: Universe - Earth
- ↑ Halo 3 - Map: Last Resort
- ↑ Halo 2 - Level: Metropolis
- ↑ Halo 3: ODST - Level: Uplift Reserve
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 7.2 Halo 3 - Level: Tsavo Highway
- ↑ Halo 3: ODST - Level: Tayari Plaza
- ↑ Halo 3 - Level: Floodgate
- ↑ Halo Mythos: A Guide to the Story of Halo - Page 132
- ↑ McFarlane Toys/Halo Point Prizes - Bonus Item: Master Chief Statue Press Release
- ↑ Halo 3 - Level: The Storm
- ↑ Halo 3: ODST - Level: Prepare To Drop