- “Defy the Covenant”— Defiant Map Pack motto
The Defiant map pack is the second DLC map pack for Halo: Reach. It was released on March 15, 2011, at the cost of 800 Microsoft Points. The map pack includes 6 new achievements that would amount to a total of 150 Gamerscore, and two multiplayer maps, Condemned and Highlands, and a Firefight map, Unearthed.
|Condemned||Condemned is set in the human space station, Reach Station Gamma overlooking Reach. Prior to the Fall of Reach, the space station was essential in providing long-range communications for the UNSC between Reach and Earth.|
|Highlands||Highlands is a large map set in a SPARTAN-II training facility in the Military Wilderness Training Preserve within Reach's Highland Mountains.
Suggested number of players for this map is 6-16 players; supported gametypes include CTF and Invasion.
|Unearthed||Unearthed is a large Firefight map set in a BXR mining open-cast titanium mine and refinery facility in a civilian sector of the Viery Territory on Reach.|
|Candy From a Baby - 75G||Capture two flags from an enemy capture zone in a matchmade Stockpile game.|
|Crackin' Skulls - 45G||Kill 3 players with the Oddball in a matchmade Oddball game.|
|Return to Sender - 30G||Successfully return two flags in a matchmade CTF game.|
|Paper Beats Rock - 15G||Assassinate a player who has just exited armor lock|
|All Alone - 10G||Be the last human player in a matchmade Infection game.|
|Don't Touch That! - 25G||Prevent the attacking team from taking the flag in a matchmade 1-Flag CTF game.|
- On Condemned, if you look outside and focus your attention on the Banshees, they are actually the Ground Support Aircraft, not the Space Banshees seen in Long Night of Solace in Halo: Reach.
- Also on Condemned, destroyed Sabre Fighters explode in a blue purple explosion, similar to how Covenant vehicles explode. This is strange, as most UNSC vehicles explode in a red orange explosion.
- It is possible to unlock the DLC's achievements via Custom Games by using the official game modes from Matchmaking.
- The Defiant map pack was developed by Certain Affinity and published by 343 Industries of Microsoft.
- The maps, Condemned and Highlands are based on known locations found in the Halo novels.
- If you go close to the downed Pelican in Highlands, you can hear a radio coming from the cockpit, although the comm chatter is filled with static.
- In some screenshots for the map pack, a new, unused helmet can be seen. It was originally going to be the GRD helmet, but due to time constraints, was cut from the final version.