It was used by the Sedran Colonial Guard for space travel as they could not afford larger, more up-to-date cruisers and ships. Other Outer Colonies use them to scout possible trade routes and establish diplomatic relations outside the jurisdiction of the UNSC.
In 2559, the long lost UNSC Spirit of Fire acquired several Condors from a fallen research team on Installation 00. They would be used to deploy bases on the Installation and scout nearby Forerunner facilities.
The D81 featured at least seven hardpoints. At least six were on the wings. Those six were retained on all versions of the Condor while the nose hardpoint was often replaced with a multi-sensor suite. Some civilian organizations did modify the controls and hardpoints to allow for weapons however.
The Condor features a "Mission Package". The original Pelican's two tail thrusters were removed and replaced with four engine pods and a slipspace drive.
The Condor was rated to only be able to travel five times before needing to be re-serviced and eight trips before the entire engine had to be replaced.
It had two decks. The cockpit featured two seats. One for the pilot and one for a weapons/sensor operator. Though sometimes this second seat was replaced with VIP seating or removed entirely.
|G81 Heavy Gunship||A modified Condor created by the 'Smart' AI Isabel for use against The Banished. It lacked the slipspace drive of the Dropship variant.|
|N/A||D81WP Condor||A weaponized variant sold to the UNSC, private security forces, and planetary security forces.|
|N/A||U81 Condor||An unofficial designation given to undercover ONI surveillance and recon variants. Sometimes labelled a subprowler, though it's technically a misnomer due to vast design differences between the U81 and actual prowlers.|
- During the early production stages of Halo: Nightfall, the Condor was internally known as the "Super Pelican."
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 1.13 1.14 Halo Waypoint - Condor
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Halo Waypoint - Canon Fodder - Clarity & Grace
- ↑ Halo: Nightfall - Episode One,
- ↑ Gamespot - Comic-Con 2014: Halo Nightfall Directly Leads Into Halo 5 Guardians
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 YouTube - Halo: Nightfall Panel - SDCC 2014 33:54 - 34:18
- ↑ Halo Wars 2 - Collectible: Phoenix Logs - UNSC Units - Condor Dropship
- ↑ Halo Wars 2 - Level: Last Stand
- ↑ Halo Wars 2 - Collectible: Phoenix Logs - UNSC Units - Condor Gunship