Special Operations is a subgroup of Special Warfare Group, typically dispatched on covert and high-risk operations, although they are also seen as part of routine forces on low-risk sentry or defense operations as well. SpecOps troops will work with conventional forces to infiltrate enemy territory and installations to provide advance reconnaissance, conduct guerrilla warfare or hunt down specific targets. These operations, and SpecOps itself, is always under the command of Sangheili members.
Typically, Special Operations soldiers are deployed in Lances of four, typically consisting of two Sangheili -one a Minor, one an Officer- and two Special Operations Unggoy accompanying them.
Special Operation Soldiers typically engage in the following types of activities.
- Sabotaging the enemies installations and supply lines.
- Missions of assassination.
- Infiltration and raids.
- Retrieval of Forerunner artifacts.
- Used in the guarding of top secret and restricted areas, such as the guarding of asteroid K7-49.
- Special Operations Commander of the Covenant - The supreme commander of the Special Operations division.
- Special Operations Officer ("Sub-Commander") - The leader of a group within a mission.
- Special Operations Sangheili - Standard SpecOps infantry.
However, even though Special Operations Sangheili are included in the Special Operations group, they are closely related Stealth Sangheili, who also possess the equipment to facilitate Active camouflage, though weaker, aren't related to the Covenant Special Operations Division (CSOP).
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Halo: The Essential Visual Guide, page 59
- ↑ Halo 2, The Heretic (Level)
- ↑ Halo 2, Sacred Icon (Level)
- ↑ Halo 2, Gravemind (Level)
- ↑ The Official Halo 2 Strategy Guide, page 41
- ↑ Halo: The Flood, page 210
- ↑ The Official Halo 2 Strategy Guide, page 43
|Known Unggoy Ranks|
|Bodyguard • Minor • Major • Heavy • Spec-Ops • Ultra|