The Covenant Laws are a system of rules established by the Covenant Hierarchs, enforced through a set of institutions, and used as an instrument to underpin civil obedience, politics, economics, and society.
- The modifying of Covenant and Forerunner equipment without the permission of the Hierarchs should be counted as Heresy and the persons responsible be executed publicly.
- The wielding of an unholstered weapon in the presence of a Prophet is a capital offence.
- The failure to obey an order, which directly causes the endangerment of a Prophet, can lead to beheading.
- The destruction of Forerunner equipment can be punishable by genocidal war.
- Rebellion against the Covenant and Great Journey can result in execution.
- Failure of a Kig-Yar to report non-violent contact with the enemy is punishable by castration.
- Failure to protect a Forerunner artifact will lead to execution.