Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Colonial Administration Authority, abbreviated CAA, was an organization under the ultimate control of the Unified Earth Government.
Over the course of the Human-Covenant war, the UNSC had largely taken over many of the responsibilities of other branches of the government. The CAA was described as "a little more resistant to the idea than the UEG and has subsequently been stripped of most of its power." It is therefore likely that the organization no longer exists in any functional capacity by 2552, though the CAA Factbook was still being updated as late as 2550. Tools used during the Insurrection created by the CAA, were eventually engineered into the Copperhead Armor.
The CAA acted as a secondary governing body that helped the UEG govern the various colony worlds of humanity. In addition, the CAA kept extensive files on every colony, world, and city under its care. The document containing these files was referred to as the CAA Factbook. These files contained everything from topographic maps to the information on the materials the city sewer system was built from. The CAA provided this information to ONI special weapons teams upon request. It would be very helpful when it came to defending colonies from Covenant attack. Agriculture Operations AIs also reported to the CAA, sending in annual maintenance reports.
- Though most sources refer to it as Colonial Administration Authority, in Halo: Contact Harvest, the organization is referred to and known as just the "Colonial Authority", however it may have been shortened. Propaganda in Halo 3: ODST also describes a "UNSC Colonial Authority", which may indicate total absorption into the UNSC.
- Colonial credits were favored by Venezians as their standard currency.
- Halo: The Fall of Reach (First appearance)
- Halo: Contact Harvest
- Halo: The Cole Protocol
- Halo: Evolutions - Essential Tales of the Halo Universe
- Halo: Reach
- ↑ As the charter is mentioned to deal with colonial sovereignty, it likely acts like the CAA's constitution.
- ↑ Halo 4: The Essential Visual Guide - page 228
- ↑ Halo: Contact Harvest - page 117 (Digital)
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Halo Story Page: Frank O'Connor/Robt McLees Interview - August 2008
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Bungie.net: CAA Factbook
- ↑ Halo 5: Guardians - Description: Copperhead (Helmet)
- ↑ Halo: The Fall of Reach - page 177
- ↑ Halo: Contact Harvest - page 180 (Digital)
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 Halo Waypoint: Universe - Locations - Tribute