Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|There is more information available on this subject at Civilian on the English Wikipedia.|
A civilian, according to international humanitarian law, is a person who is not a member of his or her country's armed forces. The term is also often used colloquially to refer to people who are not members of a particular profession or occupation, especially by law enforcement agencies, which often use rank structures similar to those of military units. Often, the military's main purpose and occupation is to defend the civilians from invaders. However, many civilians, such as Dr. Catherine Halsey were involved with the military.
In the Halo universeEdit
So far, extremely few have been seen in any of the Halo games. Except for the factory workers in Voi and the civilian vacationers in Arcadia, no civilian characters appear in any of the games, besides the meta-game Sadie's Story in Halo 3: ODST. This is no longer true as civilians do appear in both Halo: Reach and Halo 4. However, civilian characters appear more frequently in materials outside the games.
Halo 4 Spartan Ops introduces the scientist civilian. These civilians are usually prisoners of the Covenant remnants that require rescue. Occasionally they will be armed though they are of little use.
Civilian identification numberEdit
Several civilians are known to possess civilian identification numbers which functions similar to a UNSC Service Number. It is unknown whether all civilians are supplied such a number, or just those affiliated with certain industries or groups.
Known civilian ID numbersEdit
- Inna Volkov: 9081-613-7122-P
- Frank Welker: 8813-316-0955-G
- Caleb Aagard: 78104-985-RBA8774
- Jerald Ander: 9805-684-JMA4784
- Carris Pernault: 65841-100-LR0200
- Kurt Trevelyan: 56522-026-LDR5685
- Catherine Halsey: 10141-026-SRB4695
- Killing at least 2 civilians in Halo: Reach results in a deduction of points and the immediate death of the player with the message, "You killed a civilian!"
- Alternatively on co-op if you kill 2 civilians after respawning Noble Team will turn on you and kill you instantly like the Invincible Marines in Halo Combat Evolved.
- In Reach, the civilians are actually stronger than the Army troopers and sometimes even a Spartan.
- ↑ Halo 3
- ↑ Halo 3: ODST
- ↑ Halo Graphic Novel, Second Sunrise Over New Mombasa
- ↑ Halo: Uprising
- ↑ Halo: Evolutions - Essential Tales of the Halo Universe,The Impossible Life and the Possible Death of Preston J. Cole, page 447
- ↑ Halo: Evolutions - Essential Tales of the Halo Universe,The Impossible Life and the Possible Death of Preston J. Cole, page 430
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 7.2 Dr. Halsey's personal journal, Extra Content