Carrow was originally a human colony located somewhere in the Outer Colonies. During the Human-Covenant War it was lost to the Covenant, with Sangheili civilians under the leadership of Rojka 'Kaasan colonising the world in 2552.
Following the war with the humans, colonists travelled to Carrow to maintain their claim of sovereignty, having been unaware the Sangheili had already seeded it. 'Kaasan proposed a cohabitation agreement, where both races would continue to live on the colony but in their own cities. With nothing else to go back to, the human colonists took his offer and settled several hundred kilometers away.
Tensions flared up at the beginning of 2558. As a result of the ongoing Blooding Years, a new government took over the Sangheili's population in Rak with anti-human policies. Interspecies trading became taboo, and eventually outlying human colonies were attacked with the objective being to force the human government in Suraka to abandon their colony. Five months into the new regime, the first murder of a human took place.
- Uldt Desert
- A carrow is a roaming gambler.
- ↑ Halo: Envoy - Chapter 4, Page 52
- ↑ Halo: Envoy - Chapter 1, Page 6
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Halo Waypoint: Halo Community Update - Brute Force
- ↑ Halo: Fractures - Extraordinary Tales from the Halo Canon, Oasis, p.304.
- ↑ Halo: Fractures - Extraordinary Tales from the Halo Canon, Oasis, p.301.
- ↑ Mariam Webster Dictionary: Carrow