The CRS-class has been described as resembling "luminous manta rays." and are essentially a smaller and weaker version of the CCS-class battlecruiser. The CRS-class and CCS-class are almost identical from the outside, distinguishable only by their difference in size and coloration.
The first UNSC encounter with the CRS-class light cruiser was during the Battle of Chi Ceti in 2525. The ship inflicted heavy damage on the UNSC Commonwealth before being destroyed by a team of Spartan-IIs. Several of these vessels were deployed and used over Reach during the Covenant's invasion of the planet. After the conclusion of the Human-Covenant war, the CRS-class formed the backbone of Jul 'Mdama's Covenant Fleet which deployed huge numbers of them to Requiem during the years before the First Battle of Requiem.
- ↑ Halo Encyclopedia, page 265
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Halo: The Essential Visual Guide, page 41
- ↑ Halo 4, Spartan Ops, Episode Three, Chapter Four A CRS-class cruiser can be seen in the sky deploying waves of aircraft. On Normal difficulty, there are six Phantoms and eleven Banshees.
- ↑ Halo: First Strike, page 205
- ↑ Halo: First Strike, page 167 -- "Two exceptions to this patrol pattern were a pair of light cruisers hovering over Menachite Mountain"