CJ Cowan is an American video game designer. He is also a current employee at Bungie Studios. Born in 1979 in Hutto, Texas, USA, he grew up reportedly raising show turkeys in Williamson County, Texas. He was credited as a cinematic designer for Halo 2.
He has an interesting monologue (from Herman Melville's Moby Dick) on his Bungie.net profile:
I always go to sea as a sailor, because they make a point of paying me for my trouble, whereas they never pay passengers a single penny that I ever heard of. On the contrary, passengers themselves must pay. And there is all the difference in the world between paying and being paid. The act of paying is perhaps the most uncomfortable infliction that the two orchard thieves entailed upon us. But being paid - what will compare with it? The urbane activity with which a man receives money is really marvelous, considering that we so earnestly believe money to be the root of all earthly ills, and that on no account can a monied man enter heaven. Ah! How cheerfully we consign ourselves to perdition!
- Nickname: stormincow
- Classification: OldSkool
- Current Job: Director of Cinematics
- Origin: Hutto, TX
- Eye Color: Red
- Age: 31
- Weight: 170
- Height: 5'10"
- Girth: Rippling
- First Job: Raising show turkeys in Williamson County, Texas
- Blood Type: Infected with Boren's Syndrome...not a donor.
- Hobby: Advancing Right-Wing Conspiracies.
- Ultimate Game: 42
- Why Cinematics? I want to make you uninterested in "pressing X to skip"
- Ultimate Website: syndicated columns on www.tsowell.com
- Mode of Transport: Earth
- Reason you work for Bungie: You can learn more truth from Halo than you can in 12 years of Public Education. Plus my brother thinks I'm cool now.