Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Brutes is musical track in the Halo 3: Original Soundtrack. It includes the tracks Brutes, Lost, Dream Again, and We're Done Here. It runs for exactly 5 minutes and 07.591 seconds (5:07.591) and plays during the Halo 3 campaign missions The Ark and Crow's Nest.
It starts off with a remix of the climax of the Halo: Original Soundtrack song Enough Dead Heroes, which dies down at around 0:33. It remains relatively quiet until 0:53, when a new melody is introduced by a high synth/wind note, with percussion joining in at approximately 1:15. At about 2:00, this melody is gradually replaced by dissonant string notes and choral voices, similar to (but slower than) the Sacred Icon Suite from the Halo 2: Original Soundtrack.
This stops at 2:31; a modified version of the Halo Original Soundtrack song, Perchance to Dream and the Halo 2 Original Soundtrack song, Flawed Legacy, seemingly mixed with Under Cover of Night begins to dominate the other sounds. This gradually fades out of the track until, at about 4:02, it can be heard no more. Finally, electronic sounds are once again generated, but this time at a faster tempo. The "Delta Halo Theme" from Halo 2 appears in this last movement.
- Brutes is a remix of the climax of Enough Dead Heroes (famously played when fighting Hunters for the first time).
- Lost features a soft high and shimmering synth melody, similar to Orbit of Glass, and ends with a similar dissonant string/choral arrangement as heard in the Sacred Icon Suite.
- Dream Again is a combined remix of Perchance to Dream and Under Cover of Night.
- The Delta Halo Theme is featured in the last movement, We're Done Here.
- In the Halo 3 gameplay, this is played when John-117 is trying to escape the base after activating the bomb in the Crow's Nest base.