Brutes is musical track in the Halo 3: Original Soundtrack. It includes the tracks Brutes, Lost, Dream Again, and We're Done Here. It runs for exactly 5 minutes and 07.591 seconds (5:07.591) and plays during the Halo 3 campaign missions The Ark and Crow's Nest.
It starts off with a remix of the climax of the Halo: Original Soundtrack song Enough Dead Heroes, which dies down at around 0:33. It remains relatively quiet until 0:53, when a new melody is introduced by a high synth/wind note, with percussion joining in at approximately 1:15. At about 2:00, this melody is gradually replaced by dissonant string notes and choral voices, similar to (but slower than) the Sacred Icon Suite from the Halo 2: Original Soundtrack.
This stops at 2:31; a modified version of the Halo Original Soundtrack song, Perchance to Dream and the Halo 2 Original Soundtrack song, Flawed Legacy, seemingly mixed with Under Cover of Night begins to dominate the other sounds. This gradually fades out of the track until, at about 4:02, it can be heard no more. Finally, electronic sounds are once again generated, but this time at a faster tempo. The "Delta Halo Theme" from Halo 2 appears in this last movement.
- Brutes is a remix of the climax of Enough Dead Heroes (famously played when fighting Hunters for the first time).
- Lost features a soft high and shimmering synth melody, similar to Orbit of Glass, and ends with a similar dissonant string/choral arrangement as heard in the Sacred Icon Suite.
- Dream Again is a combined remix of Perchance to Dream and Under Cover of Night.
- The Delta Halo Theme is featured in the last movement, We're Done Here.
- In the Halo 3 gameplay, this is played when John-117 is trying to escape the base after activating the bomb in the Crow's Nest base.