New Alexandria's civilian concourses provide access to rapid transit and views of Reach's serene vistas.
Boardwalk is a multiplayer map in Halo: Reach. The map is set in an urban plaza in the city of New Alexandria and is near a MagLev Train line. The plaza has many scorch marks, craters, and damaged wall fragments due to Covenant attack and the sky displays bursts of anti-air rounds and flak explosions. The map's ambient sounds contain gunfire and explosions.
- Cafe Hall
- Cafe Square
- Upper Courtyard
- Service Tunnels
- Visitor Center
- Ocean View
- Courtyard Balcony
- Rest Stop 1st Floor
- Rest Stop 2nd Floor
- Rest Stop Balcony
- Make Out Point
- Jet Packs allow for easy ascent up the multitude of stories without having to locate a flight of stairs and head up the way that could be guarded by opponents.
- The sniper area provides good cover from players on the low ground as well as the back. Snipe a few players, then move. If someone has a DMR and they're targeting you, retreat and snipe from another location.
- The red team (or players colored in reddish armor for the matter) can use the trees on the map as a "Sniper nest" by climbing into them, the red hue on their armor blends in perfectly.
- There are many different locations that a camper can perch to get an unfair advantage over opposing Zombie players:
- The tallest pole of the Three-Sided Flag in the center of the courtyard.
- The windowsill to the right of the map (if you are at the end facing the waterfall at the bottom of the center stairs).
- The various awning pillars that stick out the top.
- Behind the glass barricade/railing at the back left-hand corner of the map (if facing the waterfall behind the center stairs).
- A slope at the top of the building that forms one side of the courtyard and is directly above the courtyard patio.
- This map is seen in the Gamestop commercial for the unlockable armor.
- If you get near or past the kill barrier on the map, the door frames outside of the map are filled with a solid wall of gray instead of a door.
- The map is a transitioning area for travelers. The blue team spawn is a rest house by the train (including two bathrooms), which leads into a courtyard with maintenance tunnel access. The back building appears to be a closed-off visitor center or mall. The left side building is the city council.
- Boardwalk is featured at the beginning of the campaign level Exodus where Noble Six entered the city.
- On the right side of the map, facing the Overlook/Visitor center, the broken rail that Noble Six jumps down from in Exodus can be seen.