New Alexandria's civilian concourses provide access to rapid transit and views of Reach's serene vistas.
Boardwalk is a multiplayer map in Halo: Reach. The map is set in an urban plaza in the city of New Alexandria, with many walkways, and is near a MagLev Train line. The plaza has many scorch marks, craters, and damaged wall fragments due to Covenant attack and the map's ambient sounds contain explosions and heavy cannon fire.
- Cafe Hall
- Cafe Square
- Upper Courtyard
- Service Tunnels
- Visitor Center
- Ocean View
- Courtyard Balcony
- Rest Stop 1st Floor
- Rest Stop 2nd Floor
- Rest Stop Balcony
- Make Out Point
- Jet Packs allow for easy ascent up the multitude of stories without having to locate a flight of stairs and head up the way that could be guarded by opponents.
- The sniper area provides good cover from players on the low ground as well as the back. Snipe a few players, then move. If someone has a DMR and they're targeting you, retreat and snipe from another location.
- The red team (or players colored in reddish armor for the matter) can use the trees on the map as a "Sniper nest" by climbing into them, the red hue on their armor blends in perfectly.
- This map is infamous for campers cheating in the Living Dead playlist, There are many different locations that a camper can perch to get an unfair advantage over the opposing Zombie players, plus get an advantage of his/her Human teammates by getting kills at a much longer range with little danger on his/her part. The most popular are the tallest pole of the Three-Sided Flag in the center of the courtyard, the windowsill to the right of the map (if you are at the end facing the waterfall at the bottom of the center stairs), the various awning pillars that stick out the top. The two most unfair are used a little less often but are the worst of the bunch, one is behind the Glass Barricade/Railing at the back left-hand corner of the map (Again if facing the waterfall behind the center stairs). The last one is on slope at the top of the building that forms one side of the courtyard and is directly above the courtyard patio. Bungie has fixed this areas in the Boardwalk variation Deadwalk, but the original version is woefully mistreated by the cheaters.
- This map is seen in the Gamestop commercial for the unlockable armor.
- If you get near or past the kill barrier on the map, the door frames outside of the map are filled with a solid wall of gray instead of a door.
- The map is a transitioning area for travelers, the blue team spawn is a rest house by the train (including two bathrooms), which leads into a courtyard with maintenance tunnel access, while the back building appears to be a closed off visitor center or mall, and the left side building is the city council.
- Boardwalk is featured at the beginning of the campaign level Exodus where Noble Six entered the city.
- On the right side of the map, facing the Overlook/Visitor center, the broken rail that Noble Six jumps down from in Exodus can be seen.
- There is an easter egg where it says "make out point" on one of the lamp posts.
- The player drops down into the area from the building found upper portion of the map during the campaign mission Exodus.
- Some banners on the map say "New Alexandria Reach Galactic Cup 2552". These are likely banners for some sort of sporting event.