This page contains plot spoilers for Halo: Silent Storm - A Master Chief Story. Do not continue reading if you would like to avoid them!
In the first years of the 26th century Bellicose was thrice engaged by UNSC Gorgon commanded by the legendary Preston Cole, escaping twice and on the last occasion fighting to a draw. On January 2, 2504 the ship's crew faked their own deaths by falling into the gravity well of a gas giant during the Battle of Theta Ursae Majoris System, and escaped by executing the first-known in-atmosphere slipspace transition.
- As a UNSC ship it was named after Bellerophon, a hero of Greek Mythology. It was also a class of battleship in the British Royal Navy during the First World War.
- "Bellicose" means inclined or eager to fight. It could also be named for a World War II bombing operation.
- "Bellerophon" is also an unofficial name for 51 Pegasi B.
- Halo: Evolutions - Essential Tales of the Halo Universe
- The Impossible Life and the Possible Death of Preston J. Cole (First appearance)
- Halo: Silent Storm - A Master Chief Story
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Halo: Silent Storm - A Master Chief Story - Chapter 6, Page ??
- ↑ Halo: Evolutions - Essential Tales of the Halo Universe, Page 447
- ↑ Wikipedia: 51 Pegasi b