The Covenant, after arriving in system, wasted no time in quickly and easily defeating UNSC forces, whilst reserving a special fate for the survivors. The Covenant herded civilians together, and had them torn apart by ravenous Unggoy and Kig-Yar. The SPARTAN-IIs watched all of this through satellite linkup and were sent to rescue any remaining civilians. By the time the Spartans arrived, however, there was no one left to rescue. The SPARTANs proceeded to slaughter the remaining Covenant forces in a retaliatory action, technically "winning" the battle. The battle particularly scarred John-117 because of the horrific losses.
- ↑ Halo: The Essential Visual Guide – page 26
- ↑ Halo: The Fall of Reach – pages 184-185
- ↑ Halo: The Fall of Reach (2010 Edition) – page 214
- ↑ Halo Encyclopedia – Human Inner Colonies, page 300
- ↑ Halo: New Blood - Page 15