|This article does not have enough inline citations or proper citation format. You can help Halo Nation by adding citations.|
|This article may not meet Halo Nation's standards. You can help by cleaning this article.|
- “The telemetry spires in these canyons help manage the Halo ring’s vast translocation grid.”— Halo Waypoint - Halo Bulletin 11/9/11
Battle Canyon is a multiplayer map from Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary and the Anniversary map pack for Halo: Reach. The map is a cosmetic remake of the Halo: Combat Evolved map, Battle Creek and the Halo 2 remake, Beaver Creek. 343 Industries as well as Certain Affinity added sections to Battle Canyon to increase the flow of the Halo: Reach sandbox (e.g. Jetpack, Sprint) by adding rock tunnels in the middle of the map and back end alleyways that include the classic two-way teleporters at each end of the two bases. It also replaces the classic Beaver Creek teleporter placement with a UNSC wind lift.
All the new additions are forgeable, by adding rocks to block the side caverns, and by adding walls to the alleyways. Also by removing the lifts and placing the teleporters where they once stood back in 2001 or 2004.
Changes from Battle Creek and Beaver CreekEdit
- There is now a hole in the ceiling above the tunnel entrances in both bases, as in Beaver Creek.
- The teleporters have been moved into rooms buried into the back walls, and in their old place are UNSC wind lifts.
- There are now caves connecting the ends of the streams to the area beneath the ramps to the sniper platforms.
- The wall behind red base is now part of a large Forerunner structure, rather than a rock wall.
- Despite the graphics overhaul, the theme has not changed.
- East Terrain
- Blue Roof
- Blue Base
- Blue Teleporter
- South Perch
- South Cave
- North Cave
- North Perch
- West Terrain
- Red Roof
- Red Base
- Red Teleporter
- Rock Arch
- A GRD Doll easter egg can be found on this map, just like the other six maps from the Anniversary map pack.
- The new modern additions can be removed using Forge, so players can play Battle Canyon as it was in Halo CE/2.
- Beneath the hanging side of the tower behind red base, there is a small photograph of Battle/ Beaver Creek.