Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Tank and mechanized infantry battalion task forces apply their combat power to:
- Conduct sustained combat operations in all environments with proper augmentation and support.
- Conduct offensive operations.
- Conduct defensive operations.
- Accomplish rapid movement and limited penetrations.
- Exploit success and pursue a defeated enemy as part of a larger formation.
- Conduct security operations (advance, flank, or rear guard) for a larger force.
- Conduct stability operations and support operations as part of a larger force.
- Conduct operations with light infantry forces.
A battalion unit is generally considered the smallest unit able to conduct independent operations.
The typical Battlion is composed of four Companies, plus a "Battalion Headquarters Section", for a total of 800 soldiers. Each Battalion is commanded by a Major or Lieutenant Colonel, with a Gunnery Sergeant or higher serving as "battalion first sergeant."