- “Before you is an alien artifact neither human or Covenant in origin. Advanced beyond our comprehension...until now.”
The Babd Catha Forerunner Complex was an ancient Forerunner complex on the planet Reach located directly beneath Sword Base on the Babd Catha Ice Shelf. It was the home to one of Dr. Catherine Halsey's labs, and had evidently been under excavation by the Office of Naval Intelligence for some time.
The structure is massive and roughly disk-shaped; as most of it was buried beneath a glacier, its true size is unknown. The interior of the complex houses a holographic Forerunner data terminal of some kind.
According to Dr. Catherine Halsey, the complex held secrets that could turn the tide of the Human-Covenant war — a "latchkey" discovery that Halsey compared to the invention of the conical bullet and the Shaw-Fujikawa Translight Engine. However, when the Covenant began attacking the facility on August 29, 2552, the decryption was only partially complete. Using Wolf Spider turrets, Noble Team was able to hold off the Covenant long enough for Halsey to finish the decryption. The complex, along with Sword Base was completely destroyed by an explosive charge.
Exactly what data Halsey discovered within the complex was never revealed.
- The Babd Catha complex marks the second largest Forerunner complex on the planet Reach, perhaps suggesting that Reach was somehow important to the Forerunners.
- The relic was a Forerunner ship, and its debris field
- Halo: Reach (First appearance)
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Halo: Reach, campaign level The Package
- ↑ THE HALO BULLETIN: 4.16.14 - Knowledge Drop: Community Q&A (Q: Can you elaborate on what the object beneath Sword Base was along with the info it contained? -@Mr_Admirals A: It was a Forerunner ship and its debris field was spread out across Eposz for a hundred millennia. It’s secrets are still under heavy scrutiny.)